Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

GURJ SS   
39 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

It's a list of his old backroom staff and his mrs  .. don't get too  paranoid (yet)

Won't be holding my breath, there's already a pre-emptive dig on his wife running his career. But then it is The Sun, they know more about soap dramas than sports.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/26/chelsea-confirm-thomas-tuchel-as-manager-on-18-month-contract

“Tuchel believes he can work with Mateo Kovacic, Jorginho and N’Golo Kanté in central midfield.”

Uh-oh, not that as a 3 again and what about Mount?

Very interested too see his first lineup, which I appreciate may not be tomorrow’s lineup.

GURJ SS   
37 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Excellent appointment. I could not be happier. I really don't care how long he lasts. I'm just looking forward for us to look like a proper, organized and disciplined team with some sort of identity. Top 4 is still within reach. We are only halfway through the season. 

I think he'll need time to implement his style into this side, we've still got the same players who half fit a slow build-up style and the other half fit a counter attacking style, I'm not expecting too much for the rest of the season; baby steps will do. I think Top 4 is very optimistic, when looking at the points it doesn't seem that far away but we'd just have to rely on too many teams dropping points with us dropping none; and they seem to be on decent form, but we can hope.

Best appointment under the circumstances. Wish him well and look forward to seeing how he uses the squad at his disposal. Read a lot of good things about him, so I hope the players can rise to the challenge. Not expecting miracles but some coherence and tactical progression wouldn’t go amiss. 

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/26/chelsea-confirm-thomas-tuchel-as-manager-on-18-month-contract

“Tuchel believes he can work with Mateo Kovacic, Jorginho and N’Golo Kanté in central midfield.”

That's his streak of insanity coming out again. 

Faramir   
7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Uh-oh, not that as a 3 again and what about Mount?

Very interested too see his first lineup, which I appreciate may not be tomorrow’s lineup.

Those words were from the Guardian reporter, not a direct quote from Tuchel.

chara   
14 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Won't be holding my breath, there's already a pre-emptive dig on his wife running his career. But then it is The Sun, they know more about soap dramas than sports.

Have to smile..as if a husband would discuss job and location moves with his wife/partner....such foolishness.

• Haha 2