Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

7 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Those words were from the Guardian reporter, not a direct quote from Tuchel.

I know, and no direct source or quote, so I hope it’s rubbish or massively out of context.

Not gonna lie, I wanted Allegri but the more I've looked into Tuchel the last few days the more I can get behind this appointment.

I think it says an awful lot about him that he arrived today and had them out on the training ground at 18:00 this evening, no messing about. I like that.

Top 4 is gone but if we can at least look like a team that has an idea of what they are doing and play something resembling half decent football it will be an improvement. 

I expect to see an almost instant, not quite tomorrow, upturn of results and performances and absolutely expect us to seriously challenge for the league in the next year or two. After that it will probably fall apart and we will start again but the highs are never as high without the lows so dont mind that at all.

DannyLB   
9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Top 4 is gone

Why is top four gone? I genuinely do not understand this. Anyone saying this is making a massive assumption that all above us will not have a dip in form. We are literally playing all the teams that currently reside in the top again this season. 

Wasn't United in a similar position to us last season? They hit form and climbed to third while we stumbled to 4th. It's entirely possible and the team needs to believe it. 

Rob B   
15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Top 4 is gone but if we can at least look like a team that has an idea of what they are doing and play something resembling half decent football it will be an improvement. 

I keep seeing that top 4 is gone, but I really don’t agree.  We’re about 6 points behind the pack and I totally get it’s the number of teams to overcome rather than the points, but all of those teams have to play one another,  and we have to play them all too.   We’re only just halfway through the season. 

West Ham, Everton, Villa etc will fall away and it will be a straight race between Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs and us. 

Edited by Rob B

GURJ SS   
26 minutes ago, chara said:

Have to smile..as if a husband would discuss job and location moves with his wife/partner....such foolishness.

If it happens, I called it though... This time next year 'Tuchel's wife doesn't like Marina' or some physio 🤣

If we were 5th, 5 or 6 points behind whatever team in 4th I would be far more confident. 

We are 10th, half way through the season after winning only 8 games so far.

It's a nice thought and definitely something I will be hoping for but would be absolutely amazed if we managed to finish 4th. The chances are slim, maybe not completely gone, but very slim nonetheless.

Well... good luck Tuchel I suppose? I hope you will be a success but right now I’m in a place where I really can’t be bothered to care much about you. Chances are you’ll not be around next September anyways. And if you do pass that very hard test, chances are you’re gone by next Easter. 

But don’t let that German temper hold you back. LET IT RIP! 

PS. If you’re looking for a captain Mason Mount is your guy. DS. 

34 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think it says an awful lot about him that he arrived today and had them out on the training ground at 18:00 this evening, no messing about. I like that.

He has spent several weeks I imagine lining this up before yesterdays announcement so he should have had plenty of time to get here.

35 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I expect to see an almost instant, not quite tomorrow, upturn of results and performances and absolutely expect us to seriously challenge for the league in the next year or two. After that it will probably fall apart and we will start again but the highs are never as high without the lows so dont mind that at all.

40 points in H2 is the minimum I reckon, just as 85 was the minimum I reckoned at the start of the season.  Of course H2 will be tougher as all the other clubs are in full swing now.

40 points would be 69 points at end year, with all the clubs above us now I would think that will bring about 6th.

chara   
23 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

If it happens, I called it though... This time next year 'Tuchel's wife doesn't like Marina' or some physio 🤣

Well...I always read your ..for me... very good match analysis and hope you are not as good with a social forecast!

• Like 1