JaneB

Chelsea Women

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Simply outstanding. The more I hear from Emma, and see her working the sidelines, the more respect I have for her. 

What an amazing response from her ! Word perfect and for me, humbling !

So much love here, a month ago Emma was not good enough to have a position on Frank's coaching team - BIZARRE

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Ham   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

So much love here, a month ago Emma was not good enough to have a position on Frank's coaching team - BIZARRE

My opinion hasn't changed. You only had to see the Spurs GK's performance at the weekend to know why Chelsea win more than most in the WSL. Our players are better than theirs. We even have the best GK. She was excellent. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Emma Hayes and her no nonsense approach to life but her experience doesn't automatically transfer to the men's game. 

Sciatika   

The WSL is just like the prem was a few years ago. There are three of four really good teams (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, ManU), a small bunch of also-rans (Everton, Spurs and, this season, Reading and Birmingham) and the rest cannon fodder. Spurs is in the second group. The top teams are a lot better than them. In 2010, the top teams in the men's competition were the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Spurs a long ways behind and Arsenal in between. At that time, the top three sides had Van Der Saar, Given and Cech in goal. Spurs had Gomes.

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Not sure this is fair. I for one suggested she have a word with our strikers! I think also that some were talking about her taking over as head coach of the men's team. She might be ready (we have no way of knowing without conducting the experiment) but the world is not............yet. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

My opinion hasn't changed. You only had to see the Spurs GK's performance at the weekend to know why Chelsea win more than most in the WSL. Our players are better than theirs. We even have the best GK. She was excellent. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Emma Hayes and her no nonsense approach to life but her experience doesn't automatically transfer to the men's game. 

I actually laughed out loud two or three times during this game , it was , unintentionally comical . 

Women's football is great as it's own thing , full of skill and really good players but its the physical limitations that makes it pale into comparison with the men's game.

I'm sure I have had a post on this subject taken down?? It was nothing inflammatory on the topic in general, I posted it earlier and it seems to have disappeared.

I don't feel strongly enough about the subject matter to post about it again. I am sure it appeared though and now gone!

Ham   

Incidentally the women play West Ham at 5pm tonight. From the website;

All you need to do is search ‘ChelseaFCW' on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

The game will also be shown live on The FA Player, a free streaming platform, exclusively dedicated for women’s football in England.