King Kante

Chelsea Players and International Duty

So, yet again, another pointless international round that no one really cares about is upon us. 

I thought I would start the thread so we can see how the players get on and report any injuries. 

At the moment, I am finding specifics hard to come across but from my understanding the following players will be at Cobham for the next two weeks. 

Mendy

Kepa

Willy

Thaigo

Dave

Alonso

Tammy

Haven't been able to find anything on the Italian side so unsure about Emerson and Jorgi. 

Edited by King Kante

3 hours ago, Diddymen said:

jorginho hasnt travelled with the Italian squad. Seemed he picked up a knock at training

Italy have N Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania.  Their last 3 games were Estonia, Poland and Bosnia & H.

Their internationals are almost as trivial events as ours.

Diddymen   

I have taken this from the Daily Fail (unfortunately)

Ben Chilwell, Reece James and Mason Mount (England) - San Marino (H), Albania (A), Poland (H) 

Antonio Rudiger, Kai Havertz and Timo Werner (Germany) - Iceland (H), Romania (A), North Macedonia (H)

Kurt Zouma, N'Golo Kante and Olivier Giroud (France) - Ukraine (H), Kazakhstan (A), Bosnia and Herzegovina (A) 

Andreas Christensen (Denmark) - Israel (A), Moldova (H), Austria (A)

Hakim Ziyech (Morocco) - Mauritania (A), Burundi (H)

Emerson Palmieri (Italy) - Northern Ireland (H), Bulgaria (A), Lithuania (A) 

Christian Pulisic (USA) - Jamaica (H), Northern Ireland (A)

Callum Hudson-Odoi (England U21) - Switzerland, Portugal, Croatia (all games in Slovenia)

TOTAL MILES TRAVELLED: 48,737

Edited by Diddymen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bert19   

Still baffled as to why this break is necessary.  Condensed season, multiple lockdowns happening globally due to the Covid case levels (extremely high case levels in all sorts of countries).  3 games being shoehorned into a 10 day break (3 games over 7 nights for most sides) just makes it worse. 

Surely it would have been better to postpone this break and give players some break from a congested fixture list? 

Diddymen   
37 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Still baffled as to why this break is necessary.  Condensed season, multiple lockdowns happening globally due to the Covid case levels (extremely high case levels in all sorts of countries).  3 games being shoehorned into a 10 day break (3 games over 7 nights for most sides) just makes it worse. 

Surely it would have been better to postpone this break and give players some break from a congested fixture list? 

and its a world cup towards the end of next year too

40 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Still baffled as to why this break is necessary. 

Because Albania + San Marino have as many votes at FIFA as England + France.

I suppose we should be greatful, at least it is 3 WC qualifiers out of the way, usually it is 2 to a fortnight, often 1 + a friendly.

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Bored of the break already.

Wait till England actually play Albania and San Marino....

At least it won't be Christensen this time who is being asked pointed questions about leaving Chelsea to play full time football in order to do his best for his NT.

Edited by Droy was my hero