JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Two goalkeepers on the bench Southgate is an idiot.

That apparently is a UEFA directive - has to be 2.
Put a full stop after bench and I agree.

Mount has been excellent so far , Kane playing deeper than Red Oktober which is why we should swerve him.

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Rumours swirling that Sterling starts today, which is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Should be Grealish from the start, but maybe Southgate thinking he’ll come in to make an impact, especially with so many tiring in the heat.

Other rumour I’ve heard is that Mount will be the only Chelsea player starting with Walker RB and Trippier(!!) LB, which I really hope isn’t true.

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Agreed. Sterling is a serial chance-misser.  

Egg on our faces. 

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mount has been excellent so far , Kane playing deeper than Red Oktober which is why we should swerve him.

Came here to say this. This game is an explanation of why he would not work in our side.

JaneB   

Why can't I get worked up about England playing?  It's just not there for me :-(

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Why can't I get worked up about England playing?  It's just not there for me :-(

I struggle myself , I think it's the fact they always let us down unlike the Blues .

Plus season's disrupted by stupid England friendlies when we were chomping at the bit .

JaneB   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I struggle myself , I think it's the fact they always let us down unlike the Blues .

Plus season's disrupted by stupid England friendlies when we were chomping at the bit .

???!!!

Bottom line is I don't feel patriotic anymore and I just don't like some of the players in the squad.  There, I've said it.

It's always just Chelsea for me.

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

???!!!

Bottom line is I don't feel patriotic anymore and I just don't like some of the players in the squad.  There, I've said it.

It's always just Chelsea for me.

I've been to quite a few England games in the past , in and around the Gazza era , and it was the fans I didn't like to be honest . 

I was pleased how well Sterling played , he's a polarising character but imho he was treated appallingly by the media despite on occasion doing daft things himself but they really did go all out for him simply because he was black which was awful so it's a good two fingers to them I think.

Jasonb   

I thought Sterling played with a lot of energy yet his final ball was poor except for the goal chance.

Harry Kane was hardly in the game and should have scored later on.

Harry needs a good tournament if he is really to move on, for me he looks sluggish just now.

Mount and Foden played well and I thought we looked good with Rice in front of the defence.

Phillips put in some solid challenges and his assist was top class.

The error prone players I mentioned earlier did well too defensively.

Scotland next up, you never know what to expect.

Where are we playing them?

Jasonb   
4 hours ago, Chrisb said:

SFL is on the punditry panel for the BBC’s coverage of the match

He spoke really well for me.

I chuckled when he mockingly said, 'of course Mason was nothing until I came long', good to see he still has a sense of humour.