JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  I was told it might have happened 10 years earlier to me if I had not spent so many years running (in my case narrowing arteries).
Collapsing in front of the A&E registrar saved my life.  The ridiculous luck of it was that he was cycling to work at the time - he admitted me to A&E 50 mins later having rushed off and leaving me with an ambulance.  Next time I need an angiogram I'm running straight to A&E.

Incredible. Has horrific as it is, amazing that it happened that way for you and very glad that it did.

It happened to my uncle whilst he was on a running machine at a gym, sadly the outcome was not positive. The irony of trying to keep yourself fit and he was very fit.

Jasonb   
Just now, Proud-Blue said:

Wembley I believe

For some reason I had assumed it was based on mainland Europe just noticed we have the finals and like you say are also playing Scotland at home. 

Just found this:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/euro-2020/2021/euro-2020-when-is-it-where-is-it-taking-place-what-are-the-groups-how-can-I-watch-it_sto8112178/story.shtml

chara   

I missed the game..didn't check the KO and forgot it was a weekend game so not an evening ko......repeated tonight but I have no urge to watch it.....interested in the Chelsea players but it somehow it doesn't feel like the "real thing."...more like one of those exhibition games/series with a lot of well known names but no real substance.

Maybe the overload of games available all year has taken the gloss off Internationals?

As Chelsea supporters we have seen how many games this season?....with long cup runs and the crowding of the EPL fixtures ...plus of course the euphoria of the "F***** Champions League Final"..to quote someone I can't quite bringt to mind!.....there have been a LOT of the games and viewer fatigue is possible.

An afterthought..apart from Mason..for obvious reasons..is there anyone in the England squad who anyone wants to catch a game to watch?....

Ham   

"We can only allow 25% capacity at Wembley to enable social distancing"

Fast forward to the end of the game.........

Screenshot_20210613-201135_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-201118_Daily Mail Online.jpg

• Haha 1

Chrisb   

Holland v Ukraine is the best watch of the tournament so far, cracking game!

chara   
3 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Reece James?

Sorry I said Mason but of course any Chelsea player....I really was asking if anyone tuned into a game to watch a non Chelsea player...using ..out of laziness not "Ageism"..the 66 squad....a lot of players to watch for and enjoy...now?....Banks or Pickford?...Wilson or gulp ..Trippier..(at LB?)....and on...fill in any era as it suits....

Jasonb   

Got a bit worried at one point with England when Kova and Mount clashed leaving Mount on the floor, thankfully he recovered.

England played ok, Sterling took his goal well though at other times his final ball was poor. We should have scored more.

Kane had a very quiet match which largely by-passed him and he made a mess of his chance and then clattering into the posts. Not the best start for a striker looking for an expensive move. 

Mount played well, as did Foden in the first, the Leeds player Phillips was heavily involved with some strong tackling and was both strong and skilful to set up Sterling for the goal.

Trippier nor surprisingly was limited at left back yet the rest of the defence surprisingly contained the aging Croatia though there a few moments where you wondered if calamitous moment was about to unfold.