exiledblue

Billy Gilmour

Was about to say he is having a great Euros but then I saw he tested positive for COVID and will now miss their last (group) game, which is a real shame as its giving him competitive match time.

One thing I noted about his COVID case was that they had to consult with Public Health England......oh the irony

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Was about to say he is having a great Euros but then I saw he tested positive for COVID and will now miss their last (group) game, which is a real shame as its giving him competitive match time.

One thing I noted about his COVID case was that they had to consult with Public Health England......oh the irony

Yes, it is a shame. But in all likelihood, cost him one competitive match 

JaneB   

Billy Gilmour's previous thread had been archived so I am opening up a new one for him as I think he deserves it!

But please post anything to do directly with the Euros on its own thread.  Thanks. 

Kezza   
40 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Curious how he got it though and not the other Scotland team members? It's intriguing how football players with the bubble they are wrapped in these days still can get it in with infections going down. Goes to show we still have a long way to go in this sh** show of a pandemic.

7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Curious how he got it though and not the other Scotland team members? It's intriguing how football players with the bubble they are wrapped in these days still can get it in with infections going down. Goes to show we still have a long way to go in this sh** show of a pandemic.

I should think only footballers in a bubble haven't had it amongst 19/20 year olds.  What I find odd is that he doesn't seem to have had a vaccine - I would have thought Chelsea would have arranged that 6 months ago.

He is a joy to watch. small but big man as they say north of the border

Saw he had his arm around fellow team mate Mount after the game....he would have been infectious at that point

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Goes to show we still have a long way to go in this sh** show of a pandemic.

Or it shows that a 19 year old walking around with the virus and hasn't passed it to all of his teammates shows how exaggerated the risk is. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Or it shows that a 19 year old walking around with the virus and hasn't passed it to all of his teammates shows how exaggerated the risk is. 

What a staggeringly crass remark.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

What a staggeringly crass remark.

How so?

He has COVID. He shared a dressing room with 30 - 40 people, and nobody else has it, yet I can't pop to the corner shop and buy a pint of milk without putting a mask on.

128k would have loved the opportunity to go to to shops, wearing face masks, social distanced a had the opportunity to get the vaccine 

• Like 1