JaneB

Chelsea 1 Zenit St Petersburg 0

Surprised Ziyech gets another go, didn’t think he had a great game and really want to see Werner and Lukaku together. 

Also thought Chilwell would get his first run out as well as Saul getting another go in a game that he’s more experience of playing in. That said, Tuchel gets very little wrong, so I’ll trust him!

Hopefully a relatively comfortable game, get the result and move on to the weekend.

• Like 1

Surprised no chilwell still hasn’t kicked a ball this season. Was hoping we might start Werner and lukaku together don’t like zyech attitude always looks unhappy and in my opinion not a team player but watch him get a hat trick of assists and wonder goal tonight 😂. 

paulw66   
27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Surprised Ziyech gets another go, didn’t think he had a great game and really want to see Werner and Lukaku together. 

Also thought Chilwell would get his first run out as well as Saul getting another go in a game that he’s more experience of playing in. That said, Tuchel gets very little wrong, so I’ll trust him!

Hopefully a relatively comfortable game, get the result and move on to the weekend.

Yes ditto this. Assume Ziyech won't play at Spurs

Surprised no Werner or Chilwell

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Lingard assist in the United game was something else, not sure we can match that tonight. 

Last kick of the game..... Gold. Ole at the wheel.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not sure what Chilwell needs to do to get a game. 

20210914_185202.jpg

With 5 subs allowed, I suspect he'll get minutes tonight and a possible start v Spurs?

GURJ SS   
6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Lingard assist in the United game was something else, not sure we can match that tonight. 

He should claim that as an assist, he has never played a better ball in his career.

GURJ SS   
54 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not sure what Chilwell needs to do to get a game. 

20210914_185202.jpg

Needs to get ahead of Alonso, to do that he needs watch and learn off Alonso. Chilwell in this team leaves us short in attack, if CHO was starting at RWB then Alonso would leave us short in defence, Tuchel likes to strike a balance between defence and attack; I think Alonso is far more important to our attack than Chilwell is to our defence; especially when we have James at RWB and 2 holding mids.

7 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Sad night for Humphreys and Rio , let's show them how it's done .

Ham   
5 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Needs to get ahead of Alonso, to do that he needs watch and learn off Alonso. Chilwell in this team leaves us short in attack, if CHO was starting at RWB then Alonso would leave us short in defence, Tuchel likes to strike a balance between defence and attack; I think Alonso is far more important to our attack than Chilwell is to our defence; especially when we have James at RWB and 2 holding mids.

I get that but this is Zenit.  Ideal opportunity to give him a start on my opinion.