JaneB

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 1 (4 - 3 on penalties)

Holymoly   

Pep has already said that they will be sending the kids out to play Wycombe so we can't really afford to play too many regulars in this game, especially as we will have a day less recovery. Hopefully Villa will make plenty of changes too though seeing as they have Manure at the weekend. I can see Ross Barkley getting a game here.

55 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Pep has already said that they will be sending the kids out to play Wycombe so we can't really afford to play too many regulars in this game, especially as we will have a day less recovery. Hopefully Villa will make plenty of changes too though seeing as they have Manure at the weekend. I can see Ross Barkley getting a game here.

It's the sensible option , City must be down to their last eighty first team squad players now , makes sense to keep them fresh and send the kids out ! :happy:

Rob B   
7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

This was the team he put out - so definitely a much weaker defence, but the midfield and attack weren’t the kids - in fact, KDB, Mahrez, Foden and Sterling all played 90 mins which is interesting. 

5867DB3D-27C4-478C-9541-C1DEDD7834D8.thumb.png.59c11d35e3ad65da1c1b7eeae4a9d869.png

Sciatika   

It might be because Stones and Laporte are injured and Mendy is suspended. He might feel that playing a stronger back line is a risk.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

It might be because Stones and Laporte are injured and Mendy is suspended. He might feel that playing a stronger back line is a risk.

That's one way of putting it.

Another is that he has transferred to the Wormwood Scrubs B wing XI.

• Haha 1

VA96   
18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Am I right in thinking that if we progress through the LC at some point it will clash with the CWC?

Yep - will be similar to when Liverpool fielded a team to Villa and lost 5-0 a couple of years ago. 

December:

4th Dec - West Ham (A)

8th Dec - Zenit (A)

11th Dec - Leeds (H)

15th/16th Dec - CWC

19th Dec - CWC

22nd Dec - Carabao Cup

26th Dec - Villa (A)

28th Dec - Brighton (H)

Everton (H) and Wolves (A) due to be played in mid-December would be rescheduled if CWC goes ahead in December. Jan has 3 league games, FA Cup (and replay if required) and Carabao SF (if we progress) - maybe squeeze in one of those league games here if possible

Edited by VA96

paulw66   
19 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Nailed on starters, I presume:

Kepa, Chalobah, James, Chilwell, Saul, RLC, CHO, Werner........the rest, who knows? Ziyech possibly. Not sure where Barkley would play.  

asvaberg   

My lineup tonight:

Bettinelli

James - Christ - Chalobah - Chilwell

RLC - Kovacic - Ziyech - Alonso

CHO - Werner

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Nailed on starters, I presume:

Kepa, Chalobah, James, Chilwell, Saul, RLC, CHO, Werner........the rest, who knows? Ziyech possibly. Not sure where Barkley would play.  

I bet they enjoyed reading that!

Barkley will play where he always plays.  Behind the ball when we have it.  In front of it when we don't.

• Haha 1