JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Diddymen   
9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Of course agree about Claudio but still regard him with huge affection and not a little guilt.  Got seduced by Jose's good looks and persona (who could fail to be?) but Claudio always acted with great dignity whatever was thrown at him and I still get emotional when I think about what he was put through at times, but I am so pleased he won the title at Leicester.  They can never take that away from him.  Not our best manager but hugely likeable and I hope Chelsea supporters will always feel that way about him. 

If we're honest, winning is everything and you might need a hard faced manager to achieve that, but hopefully there's still room for the Claudio Ranieris of this world.

I agree 100% on Ranieiri.

when I lived in Chelsea (worlds end estate - before anyone calls me posh) I saw him and his wife a few times on the n.14 bus. (He lived by eel brook common then). Seemed like a really really nice guy.

Also, my mum met him a few times at the Spanish mass at the our lady of dolours Catholic Church on the Fulham road. She said he was an absolute gentleman!

Edited by Diddymen

JaneB   
9 hours ago, Diddymen said:

I agree 100% on Ranieiri.

when I lived in Chelsea (worlds end estate - before anyone calls me posh) I saw him and his wife a few times on the n.14 bus. (He lived by eel brook common then). Seemed like a really really nice guy.

Also, my mum met him a few times at the Spanish mass at the our lady of dolours Catholic Church on the Fulham road. She said he was an absolute gentleman!

Aww what lovely stories.  Thank you.

JaneB   
14 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

Agreed but I’m sure the huge payoff helped Claudio get over it 🙌🏿🧨

Possibly although I'm sure he was mega rich already and would rather have had his reputation intact.

JaneB   
19 hours ago, chara said:

Nicely put Jane and I think we all agree regarding Claudio..as I said unbegrudged success at Leicester...I personally never got seduced by Jose's looks but his early days persona was something to enjoy but alas he has not aged well in terms of "aura"...I leave it to you to comment on looks!

He's still got it Chara although nothing compares with his film star looks when he first came to Chelsea.  

I agree about the 'aura' though.  Well past its sell by date.

I like to remember his early days with us AND he brought the great Lord Percy and Paulo over so happy happy times!!

chara   
17 minutes ago, JaneB said:

He's still got it Chara although nothing compares with his film star looks when he first came to Chelsea.  

I agree about the 'aura' though.  Well past its sell by date.

I like to remember his early days with us AND he brought the great Lord Percy and Paulo over so happy happy times!!

Hmm....remember Lassie was a film star as well!.....but I'll take your word for it....smile....oh and you can add Paulo to an earlier (now redundant) suggested list !