JaneB

Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Kante out for this and the southampton match.

For all the talk that our squad is perfect, we are now struggling even with two players out. (james and kante). CHO is never a RWB and still not sure on RLC

Could have done with Livramento and Gallagher :(

We're struggling?

Azpi at RWB, back 3 of Thiago, AC and Rudiger. 

Still got Jorginho and Kova, with RLC and Saul as back up. Plenty of options, even if you don't want CHO at RWB 

Holymoly   

I think we should be used to missing N'Golo for a few games by now.

Ruudboy   
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Kante has covid

Mount and James out too

Thought he looked sluggish Saturday .... only two Kantes on the pitch instead of the usual three. Hope he recovers fully

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Ruudboy said:

Hope he recovers fully

I heard somewhere that he was feeling unwell with it which doesn't bode well for a swift recovery. Certainly seemed to knock Havertz for six. Do we know what the vaccination uptake was among the players and staff?

Edited by Holymoly

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
12 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I heard somewhere that he was feeling unwell with it which doesn't bode well for a swift recovery. Certainly seemed to knock Havertz for six. Do we know what the vaccination uptake was among the players and staff?

Vaccination doesn’t mean you don’t get it, just that (in most cases) you won’t die or be hospitalised I think. 🙌🏿🧨

59 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Vaccination doesn’t mean you don’t get it, just that (in most cases) you won’t die or be hospitalised I think. 🙌🏿🧨

Yep. My wife caught it about 4 weeks ago (double vaccination) and  was hit hard for a couple of weeks (almost called an ambulance a few times) and is still struggling even now, tired, shortness of breath etc… but, had she not been vaccinated it could have been even worse.

Blue Rod   

Ngolo Kante being out is not brilliant news, obviously. But I am more concerned about our recruitment over the past two seasons. We've spent a fortune on Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Lukaku, and yet it doesn't quite feel like we've strengthened. None of these signings has proved capable of dominating a match, something you expect from a top signing at least now and again.  

Every time I've raised this,  some people have reacted angrily and sanctimoniously at perceived criticism of Marina, even though I never put the blame on her.  She's only leading the business part of it, and she's doing a brilliant job of that. But those responsible for the footballing decisions in our signings have to ask themselves if our recruitment has been good enough, because I don't think it nearly has.

Edited by Blue Rod

Diddymen   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

But I am more concerned about our recruitment over the past two seasons. We've spent a fortune on Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Lukaku, and yet it doesn't quite feel like we've strengthened

I agree with this. (But Lukaku is still early days). They are world class players who have not kicked on at all. I wouldn’t say it’s a recruitment issue rather than it’s the players themselves. It’s over £200 m worth of players who haven’t performed at a consistent level.

3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Ngolo Kante being out is not brilliant news, obviously. But I am more concerned about our recruitment over the past two seasons. We've spent a fortune on Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Lukaku, and yet it doesn't quite feel like we've strengthened. None of these signings has proved capable of dominating a match, something you expect from a top signing at least now and again.  

Every time I've raised this,  some people have reacted angrily and sanctimoniously at perceived criticism of Marina, even though I never put the blame on her.  She's only leading the business part of it, and she's doing a brilliant job of that. But those responsible for the footballing decisions in our signings have to ask themselves if our recruitment has been good enough, because I don't think it nearly has.

They seem to be kicking on to me.  So far this season we are doing very well.  Tough opponents, very good return so far.