JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

1 hour ago, Arkie said:

Suddenly the pressure is on. Who would have thought? We were a future title winners just a week ago. This one is  A must win.

We remain 2nd favourites to City.  Nothing has changed.  But I agree - must win.

We will likely end up top by end of this weekend and thereafter if we can 100% the "on paper easy" fixtures, as we have already done so far this season, we may even have a nice points gap underneath us by the time we play United in late November. 

I'm extremely confident. The recent 2 results haven't done anything to dent that for me. 

• Like 1

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights

It’s how we react to two really poor defeats that interests me. 👀🙌🏿

Win this and end the blip and everyone will feel positive again. Mount is back and although injured, the little break from match intensity may well have done in some good.

These are the games we expected Lukaku to make the most difference in, so we must give him the opportunity to impact the game and he must perform better than he has the last couple of games.

Ruudboy   

Weather we get the ball between the sticks? Weather Werner turns up? Weather Martin Atkinson had a good night’s sleep?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ruudboy said:

Weather we get the ball between the sticks? Weather Werner turns up? Weather Martin Atkinson had a good night’s sleep?

Saw some highlights of last season's home game, from before Werner got broken. What the hell happened? I know some will argue he's never been any good or has never had much skill/technique, but even if that is true he was a different player in his first few months and that disappeared almost immediately. 

We can go top today, first week in October, having already played both main competitors for the title. It's must-win because any home game against 5th downwards is with our ambitions, but I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Saw some highlights of last season's home game, from before Werner got broken. What the hell happened? I know some will argue he's never been any good or has never had much skill/technique, but even if that is true he was a different player in his first few months and that disappeared almost immediately. 

We can go top today, first week in October, having already played both main competitors for the title. It's must-win because any home game against 5th downwards is with our ambitions, but I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it.

Yeah, that really was Werner at his (albeit short) peak in a Chelsea shirt. I remember thinking we had genuinely found a proper top quality striker and then... well, I don't even know what happened, but I would love to know. Too much time out of position? Too many games without a break due to so many others being injured? Fragile mentality and just completely lost confidence? It's so strange, but at the start of last season, he did look like he was going to be quality.

5 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

It’s how we react to two really poor defeats that interests me. 👀🙌🏿

I'll be worried too - when that happens.  
Might happen soon.  Southampton have only 4 points, no wins and in potential relegation trouble (though they have had probably the 2nd toughest start to us).
Man U and Man City have both drawn with Southampton.  Liverpool had a dreadful 3-3 draw with Brentford.

I am worried about a really poor draw with Southampton, and Brentford are up next.  Then Brentford and Norwich without their best player.

Edited by Droy was my hero