JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I can't be having QPR back under any circumstances whatsoever. 

Hear, hear.

chara   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Hear, hear.

Add my voice!...never forget going to a QPR v Leeds game waaay back in the day..and an annoying qpr'er calling Bremner .."Brennan" all through the game..at SB I would think someone was taking the P but there ?...

and the map..Gunnersbury Park..played many a game there..none stick except the day of Churchill's funeral.....the respectful three minutes....

Griffin Park?....always felt like a slip back in time on the odd occasion I went there...in a good way....

44 minutes ago, chara said:

Add my voice!...never forget going to a QPR v Leeds game waaay back in the day..and an annoying qpr'er calling Bremner .."Brennan" all through the game..at SB I would think someone was taking the P but there ?...

and the map..Gunnersbury Park..played many a game there..none stick except the day of Churchill's funeral.....the respectful three minutes....

Griffin Park?....always felt like a slip back in time on the odd occasion I went there...in a good way....

The only fixture of ours against QPR I've been to was the 3-1 "friendly" defeat at Loftus Road in the Ranieri Era, when their fans decided to celebrate Bart Simpson style. They scarred me for life (I was only 10!) and I was unlucky enough see similar scenes 5 years later when Fulham beat us at Craven Cottage.

My memory from my only game at Griffin Park was that Geremi scored the same day, but I can't remember if it was against us or for us.  

chara   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The only fixture of ours against QPR I've been to was the 3-1 "friendly" defeat at Loftus Road in the Ranieri Era, when their fans decided to celebrate Bart Simpson style. They scarred me for life (I was only 10!) and I was unlucky enough see similar scenes 5 years later when Fulham beat us at Craven Cottage.

My memory from my only game at Griffin Park was that Geremi scored the same day, but I can't remember if it was against us or for us.  

Never seen Chelsea at Brentford or QPR....Brentford was close when I lived in Hanwell and went a few times ...QPR was waaay back when a couple of guys in our "loose" group were QPR fans...seem to think it was more acceptable back then...and I was interested enough to watch any game...less so now!

1 hour ago, chara said:

Never seen Chelsea at Brentford or QPR....Brentford was close when I lived in Hanwell and went a few times ...QPR was waaay back when a couple of guys in our "loose" group were QPR fans...seem to think it was more acceptable back then...and I was interested enough to watch any game...less so now!

Did the Ealing half marathon the other week and the Hanwell bit (specifically running up Greenford Avenue) was bloody unpleasant, but not as unpleasant as going to QPR as a Chelsea fan. I lived on Loftus Road last time they were in the Premier League and the short travelling time didn't make up for the sh*te views!

chara   

As I posted..never seen Chelsea at QPR.....went twice I think....once because Tambling was playing there for Birmingham? (in my memory but} and the Leeds game..

BUT ......'THAT GAME I saw on tv and I truly think it is probably the nastiest most distasteful game I have ever seen. QPR done forever in my book....

I expect Tuchel to rotate for this one, he seems to prefer to play those he's had with him at Cobham during the international breaks for the first game back and I expect this to be the same... although it's a small list this time around. A few fitness question marks are still around, presume James won't be fit, but looks like Kante will and Pulisic is unlikely to be anything more than on the bench, if even that. Lukaku left the Belgium squad with 'muscle fatigue, but I would hope will be ok to play in this one and Rudiger is a doubt for the next Germany game, so he's a possible doubt too... let's hope nobody else picks anything up in the remaining games.

Mendy

Chalobah - Christensen - Rudiger

CHO - RLC - Jorginho - Kante - Chilwell

Ziyech - Lukaku

Not an easy game this one, so need to be on it and we need a better first half than we've had in recent weeks as Brentford strike me as a team that will sense any weakness and try to counter, so can't give them a sniff.

asvaberg   
On 7.10.2021 at 4:57 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The only time we have played at Griffin (Brentford) in modern history was January 2013 in FA cup. A 2-2 draw and Geremi was not in the lineup. He left Chelsea in 2007.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-chelsea-27-january-2013-300346/

46 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The only time we have played at Griffin (Brentford) in modern history was January 2013 in FA cup. A 2-2 draw and Geremi was not in the lineup. He left Chelsea in 2007.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-chelsea-27-january-2013-300346/

If I remember correctly Benitez was getting a fair bit of clog from the Chelsea supporters during and after the game

• Haha 1