JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Chrisb   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Of course he is , hand picked homer ref at a tight ground full of baying fans , Mike Riley is taking the mickey out of the club and the club need to be making a massive fuss over it,

Lukaku will get send off for dissent . 

Fingers crossed that he pulls a muscle in his arm/shoulder while he’s practicing whipping his red card out for us and gets replaced by someone else. 🤞🤞

In a way I hope this becomes the ****-show I fear it will, if it does it may actually put paid to the worst referee in the league ( tough competition too) ever refereeing us again.

I suppose the papers could always run a " retired due to death threats" made up article afterwards to make them feel better.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We always got Foy at QPR and look how that turned out , he was scared of his own shadow and let the QPR support referee the game

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I was at the QPR game at LR when he sent off Bosingwa and Drogba in the first half.

You could see the lump in his shorts as he walked off 

Oh God, of course. This game has all of the makings of those god forsaken Loftus Road games. 

paulw66   
On 10/10/2021 at 1:56 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I expect Tuchel to rotate for this one, he seems to prefer to play those he's had with him at Cobham during the international breaks for the first game back and I expect this to be the same... although it's a small list this time around. A few fitness question marks are still around, presume James won't be fit, but looks like Kante will and Pulisic is unlikely to be anything more than on the bench, if even that. Lukaku left the Belgium squad with 'muscle fatigue, but I would hope will be ok to play in this one and Rudiger is a doubt for the next Germany game, so he's a possible doubt too... let's hope nobody else picks anything up in the remaining games.

Mendy

Chalobah - Christensen - Rudiger

CHO - RLC - Jorginho - Kante - Chilwell

Ziyech - Lukaku

Not an easy game this one, so need to be on it and we need a better first half than we've had in recent weeks as Brentford strike me as a team that will sense any weakness and try to counter, so can't give them a sniff.

Would be surprised and disappointed if Werner doesn't start.

Got a massive goal in our last game, and scored twice last night. Feels like a confidence players - get him in. 

Diddymen   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Got a massive goal in our last game, and scored twice last night. Feels like a confidence players - get him in. 

I agree. Werner starts for me.

chara   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Oh God, of course. This game has all of the makings of those god forsaken Loftus Road games. 

I trust the Brentford fans, until shown something different, to be somewhat better than the qpr'ers..... time will tell...... will follow up after the game!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

39 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I agree. Werner starts for me.

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Werner and Lukaku for me too , all day long . 

Just to be clear, I also want to see Werner start, but I just fear he won't because TT likes to pick the players who have been with him on an international break.

Personally, I think we could be about to see the Werner we originally signed and if we do, that is one hell of a partnership he and Lukaku can make.

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Personally, I think we could be about to see the Werner we originally signed and if we do, that is one hell of a partnership he and Lukaku can make.

Yes, at least hope so.  Though I gather he missed a few for Germany on top of the 2 he scored.  Unlike so many of the non-scoring goalscorers that we have signed over the years (I'll exlcude Torres) his workrate never ever drops off.

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just to be clear, I also want to see Werner start, but I just fear he won't because TT likes to pick the players who have been with him on an international break.

Werner for me too.

Though we have 8 games against Malmo and bottom half teams (before Juve and Man U next to each other - though Tuesday and Sunday).
Only Newcastle will have much spice to it, and they may have already lost to Spurs and Palace by then (you can see why they hate Londoners).

So if Werner wants to use this period to make his mind up about players or to test out new ideas, that is fine by me.

It'll be interesting to see if RLC and Barkley have continuted to impress TT in training at Cobham.
Azpi and Alonso have both played 2 full games for Spain - it has taken a long time for Spain to recognise there are other teams than RM & Barca!
And Chilwell played against Andorra and may well play against Hungary tonight.   So FBs esp LB will be an interesting choice for TT.