JaneB

Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

Jasonb   

I think we will win this just don't ask me who will score.

Might be one of the defenders from a set piece.

Actually looking forward to seeing us with front players decent on the ball.

I didn't see the game on Wednesday (I dont watch CL group games or International friendlies and qualification games anymore) but I see Mount had another poor game. He's been really poor so far this season and imho he looks mentally and physically burnt out and badly in need of a few weeks away from all football.  Like to see Barkley given a run in the team, starting against  Norwich. 

10 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I didn't see the game on Wednesday (I dont watch CL group games or International friendlies and qualification games anymore) but I see Mount had another poor game. He's been really poor so far this season and imho he looks mentally and physically burnt out and badly in need of a few weeks away from all football.  Like to see Barkley given a run in the team, starting against  Norwich. 

I don't think Mount was that poor in the week, his energy levels seem to be back close to where they were and his movements were good, but his final ball was lacking, but that isn't unique to him in this team.

That said, we desperately do need him to get back to peak level asap, because when Mount is missing from this team, our transition from midfield to attack is missing and it prevents us from going from back to front quickly. Scary how much we rely on him already.

49 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't think Mount was that poor in the week,

Well mate, he certainly wasn't good. And he's been that way for quite a while. 

49 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That said, we desperately do need him to get back to peak level asap, because when Mount is missing from this team, our transition from midfield to attack is missing and it prevents us from going from back to front quickly. Scary how much we rely on him already.

Indeed it is.

I'm arguably in the minority I know, but I simply think that he's overrated. And greedy. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well mate, he certainly wasn't good. And he's been that way for quite a while. 

Indeed it is.

I'm arguably in the minority I know, but I simply think that he's overrated. And greedy. 

I think he shows flashes of real high quality but too often there's a lack of end product from him, but he's far from the only one in our squad with that problem.

Also, since he made his break through at Chelsea, I don't see any sign of him progressing as a player, while over at City, Foden continues to improve year by year.

Mount was good against Malmo.  In fact the whole team was so good that anyone less than very good would have stood out.

What the game really showed was how far behind some of the starters against Brentford are.

The squad is much smaller than it looks, and it is perhaps good that TT is experimenting with it now so that he knows who to trust.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Jasonb   
12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Like to see Barkley given a run in the team, starting against  Norwich. 

I like the idea of Barkley coming off the bench on 70 minutes if we cannot break them down.

Re Mount he is certainly a player that makes things happen though I do wonder at times if he has had his head turned by being too chummy with his international mates to the detriment of working hard at Chelsea.

Chelsea: Mendy; Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Rudiger; James, Jorginho (c), Kovacic, Chilwell; Mount, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi

Substitutes: Kepa, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Sarr, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Saul, Ziyech

47 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Re Mount he is certainly a player that makes things happen though I do wonder at times if he has had his head turned by being too chummy with his international mates to the detriment of working hard at Chelsea.

Mount strikes me as obscenely hard-working, on and off the pitch. I'd be more inclined to think that's the "problem", if there is one; a bit of burn out. 

I think he's been pretty average this season rather than out right poor. I'd disagree with the above suggestion that he's greedy, too. He's often making the choice to shoot when from outside the pass is better, but he's similarly making the pass when the shot was on. I don't think playing with an actual centre forward or playing nominally with two up front is clicking for anyone just yet and that makes Mount stand out as we have higher expectations of him than other attacking players who haven't been as good as him as consistently in our memories. 

We do need our attacking play to start clicking but I don't think we need to be alarmed it hasn't quite happened by mid-October.