JaneB

Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle United at St. James' Park before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 30th October 2021 (Local UK time/date)

Lets hope we get enough goals to make them throw in the tea-towel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

bert19   

As ever, we'll be just in time for the new manager bounce.  A complete Pub team will no doubt morph into 1970 Brazil seemingly overnight 🙄

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Be careful if the home fans start singing "you're going home in a Turkish suitcase".

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

As ever, we'll be just in time for the new manager bounce.  A complete Pub team will no doubt morph into 1970 Brazil seemingly overnight 🙄

Seems like Graeme Jones will take over the Palace and this match

Edited by Diddymen

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Getting ahead of yourself here MK........

This is a good tester post Norwich.

Bottom 3 club with a new interim coach and 50k toon toon supporters celebrating the king is dead long live the queen. 

hopefully the team can impose themselves on the game with a couple of early goals to silence the home supporters. 

paulw66   

I hate this away game. 

Even when they are terrible, they give us a good game up there.

Palace should have stuffed them at the weekend, and they are there for the taking though

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I hate this away game. 

Even when they are terrible, they give us a good game up there.

Palace should have stuffed them at the weekend, and they are there for the taking though

it will be the A team, not the B team.  We should get 4 or 5.  And I'm pretty sure that RA will be having a word with TT about putting out a strong team.  A good drubbing might put Newcastle;s plans to challenge at the top back by 2 years, even with Saudi money and no FFP.

I never like this fixture, we always seem to struggle up there, although it isn't quite the bogey team that I seem to have in my mind. However, they will be up for this, a chance to make a statement against one of the established big boys, who got a hand up from someone with some spare change (although, obviously quite a big difference between our owner and theirs).

We need to perform well in this one, an early goal would probably drop their heads, but give them a sniff and it could become a frustrating and difficult game.

I'd probably start the same team as v Norwich, but maybe Kante in for Kovacic.