JaneB

Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 3

paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I never like this fixture, we always seem to struggle up there, although it isn't quite the bogey team that I seem to have in my mind. However, they will be up for this, a chance to make a statement against one of the established big boys, who got a hand up from someone with some spare change (although, obviously quite a big difference between our owner and theirs).

We need to perform well in this one, an early goal would probably drop their heads, but give them a sniff and it could become a frustrating and difficult game.

I'd probably start the same team as v Norwich, but maybe Kante in for Kovacic.

I would think Azpi is also a shoe in.

As we know, fans of other clubs slam Chelsea FC for being owned by RA and blame the club for starting the trend of takeovers of clubs by questionable people. However, that shouldn't stop our fans from following on from the Palace fans and making a similar gesture next weekend. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

As we know, fans of other clubs slam Chelsea FC for being owned by RA and blame the club for starting the trend of takeovers of clubs by questionable people. However, that shouldn't stop our fans from following on from the Palace fans and making a similar gesture next weekend. 

With respect that would just make us look the biggest hypocrites in football history , we'd be an absolute laughing stock in the media , the memes generated would probably derail the season !

Even though we know full well the "crimes" aren't comparable , they'd have us for breakfast.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

With respect that would just make us look the biggest hypocrites in football history , we'd be an absolute laughing stock in the media , the memes generated would probably derail the season !

Even though we know full well the "crimes" aren't comparable , they'd have us for breakfast.

Any wrong doings by RA pails into insignificance next to that lot! However dificult a position we are in with this, I just feel its better to make some kind of gesture than do nothing at all. Then again, outside of the hardcore fanbases on social media, do that many really care all that much?  

chara   
7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Any wrong doings by RA pails into insignificance next to that lot! However dificult a position we are in with this, I just feel its better to make some kind of gesture than do nothing at all. Then again, outside of the hardcore fanbases on social media, do that many really care all that much?  

Check Roman's charitable donations across the World...astonishing...and he doesn't use Chelsea as a "whitewash" investment.

Edited by chara

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe a few renditions of “no noise from the Saudi boys” is acceptable, assuming we are in front by a few. 

23 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Check Roman's charitable donations across the World...astonishing...and he doesn't use Chelsea as a "whitewash" investment.

A lot of the more recent charitable donations are part of a pro-Israeli theme that I don't care to support.  I was much happier 10 years ago based purely on his record in Russia.  That he was then facing a lot of ugly publicity funded by Berezovsky didn't bother me the way he has had an easy path of it recently.

12 minutes ago, chara said:

Yes, and he invested a huge amount of money into a poor area of Russia  (I  can't remember the name) which created a lot of jobs. Agree about the sports washing too. When he was living here he loved the football side of it so much that whenever he had the time he would go to Cobham just to watch the lads train.  

chara   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A lot of the more recent charitable donations are part of a pro-Israeli theme that I don't care to support.  I was much happier 10 years ago based purely on his record in Russia.  That he was then facing a lot of ugly publicity funded by Berezovsky didn't bother me the way he has had an easy path of it recently.

Not as an argument but...as an Israeli citizen of Jewish faith..... Huh?........ We make certain regular charitable donations.....Wounded Warriors here and RNLI in UK.....among others...  our choice..... my follow up regarding donations I have deleted before I type it....to nasty even for me........

I respect your views regarding not caring to support.....Freedom comes in many forms.

Repeat ..a comment not a basis for argument.