JaneB

Malmo FF 0 Chelsea 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group H match against Malmo FF at the Eleda Stadion before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:45 hours on Tuesday, 2nd November 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

An opportunity to give some a rest here, so I expect some rotation, but not loads - still need to get the job done.

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Chalobah

James - Kovacic - Barkley - Alonso

Mount  - RLC - CHO

I really hope Ziyech isn't given another start here, he doesn't deserve it because he isn't good enough and doesn't seem to be wanting to change his game or adapt to succeed here. I'd rather see more of CHO, RLC and Barkley. Hopefully, we can get Pulisic on the bench for this one and maybe a 5/10 minute cameo.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

An opportunity to give some a rest here, so I expect some rotation, but not loads - still need to get the job done.

Mendy

Mount  - RLC - CHO

I really hope Ziyech isn't given another start here, he doesn't deserve it because he isn't good enough and doesn't seem to be wanting to change his game or adapt to succeed here. I'd rather see more of CHO, RLC and Barkley. Hopefully, we can get Pulisic on the bench for this one and maybe a 5/10 minute cameo.

Been watching MOTD to remind myself, Ziyech was excellent H1.  I'd be keeping him back for the next pl game.
90 mins with Barkley, CHO and RLC leaves a lot of work for Mount and Kovacic.
I thought CHO was reasonable against Newcastle.  Especially the dribble to the goal line and chip back for the first goal for James.

I'm missing this turnaround in Barkley and RLC.  I see them being picked, I don't see them being any different from 2 seasons ago.
Maybe that is why some are so keen to write off the Chelsea careers of 2 proper squad players, Ziyech and Pulisic.

Still glad to see RLC proposed at CF.  He has skills that are rare and best used in the front line.  And a work rate that can't be justified anywhere else.  10 years too late.

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Been watching MOTD to remind myself, Ziyech was excellent H1.  I'd be keeping him back for the next pl game.
90 mins with Barkley, CHO and RLC leaves a lot of work for Mount and Kovacic.
I thought CHO was reasonable against Newcastle.  Especially the dribble to the goal line and chip back for the first goal for James.

I'm missing this turnaround in Barkley and RLC.  I see them being picked, I don't see them being any different from 2 seasons ago.
Maybe that is why some are so keen to write off the Chelsea careers of 2 proper squad players, Ziyech and Pulisic.

Still glad to see RLC proposed at CF.  He has skills that are rare and best used in the front line.  And a work rate that can't be justified anywhere else.  10 years too late.

Personally, I think Ziyech flattered to deceive a bit yesterday. I will admit he had a better 45 mins than he's had for quite some time, but for someone with a wand of a left foot that he has, he doesn't create many/any chances for us and he seems too quick to sulk and skulk around if things don't go his way. I'm personally not writing Pulisic off yet, he's a quality player, but he does need to get some consistent game time and form together pretty soon, as CHO is starting to get more and more chances and is impressing in larger patches than previously.

Barkley is still Barkley, he has the ability, but he, unfortunately, doesn't have the rest of it to allow him to use that ability. A frustrating player, but still a decent squad player, that helps fill the HG quota. RLC, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, I know your views on him and I just don't share them. Didn't do too much yesterday, but he offers us so much when on form and fit and offers us a physicality in the middle, that not many others do.

The bolded bit, you may have a point in a PL game, but this is a game where we should be able to pick those players and get the result we need. That said, I think RLC does a hell of a lot more than you give him credit for, as does CHO.

52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Personally, I think Ziyech flattered to deceive a bit yesterday. I will admit he had a better 45 mins than he's had for quite some time, but for someone with a wand of a left foot that he has, he doesn't create many/any chances for us and he seems too quick to sulk and skulk around if things don't go his way. I

Well the offside goal early on looked very good at a time when we weren't all over them  (credit to Jorginho for the crisp pass that no one has mentioned).  Not long after was the amazing first touch to set up the shot deflected onto the post.  There wasn't' much else to get excited about until CHO's run and cross which lead to James's brilliant first touch and goal.

As for sulking - there is so much bias expressed against players in "he sulks" or what ever.  JFH sulked.  I tend to treat it as an indication of bad will rather than good judgement.  Maybe it does bother some, but I certainly prefer Ziyech's work rate to those behind him in the pecking order.
The pecking order for front 3 seems to be
Lukaku
Mount
Werner/Havertz
Pulisic
Ziyech
RLC
Barkley

For me there is a big drop off after Ziyech, though it would be good to see RLC actually play 90 mins in a front 3 role for once.
Come March we will need 6 players of at least Ziyech's quality to be fully fit.  

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well the offside goal early on looked very good at a time when we weren't all over them  (credit to Jorginho for the crisp pass that no one has mentioned).  Not long after was the amazing first touch to set up the shot deflected onto the post.  There wasn't' much else to get excited about until CHO's run and cross which lead to James's brilliant first touch and goal.

As for sulking - there is so much bias expressed against players in "he sulks" or what ever.  JFH sulked.  I tend to treat it as an indication of bad will rather than good judgement.  Maybe it does bother some, but I certainly prefer Ziyech's work rate to those behind him in the pecking order.
The pecking order for front 3 seems to be
Lukaku
Mount
Werner/Havertz
Pulisic
Ziyech
RLC
Barkley

For me there is a big drop off after Ziyech, though it would be good to see RLC actually play 90 mins in a front 3 role for once.
Come March we will need 6 players of at least Ziyech's quality to be fully fit.  

CHO?

Holymoly   
On 31/10/2021 at 4:52 AM, didierforever said:

Pulisic kai ziyech

Alonso saul Rlc azpi

Rudi AC trevoh

Mendy

I would rest kante, jorgi for this game. 

I agree, try Mendy up front.

:happy:

6 hours ago, Backbiter said:

CHO?

Sorry. He can be easy to forget and has been disappointing in some games.    But much better in some recent games including Saturday.

Level with Ziyech.  Which makes 7.  Not necessarily  all fit in Spring.  

paulw66   
20 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mendy

Mount  - RLC - CHO

No chance for Kovacic. he's out until after the next international break