Ham   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

You were saying?

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn

Fourth Official: David Coote

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

Unbelievable. With everything that has been said for the past 3 years about Taylor and us, they do this against Man U!

It's like they're deliberately taking the p1ss. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, asvaberg said:

The rumors regarding Ponchettino are very interesting (and worrying). I think he will suit the club quite good. 

Poch?  Based on his continued failure to win anything

image.png.39476524dba7209aad914fba836694bc.png

So a domestic cup came his way at PSG.  He took over PSG a point off the top in the French league and finished the season a point off the top.

A very safe pair of hands to leave Man u in (from our pov).

Moreover - how on earth are Man U going to poach a manager from PSG?

57 minutes ago, JaneB said:

You were saying?

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn

Fourth Official: David Coote

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

I've been saying for years how corrupt Riley is , he was a coward as a referee and has done his utmost to get back at Chelsea ever since he almost killed Petr Cech through his own cowardice . 

He's also pushed through his agenda of "managing games" as opposed to officiating them within the laws of the game .

Oh , I hear them cry , last time Altrincham born Anthony Taylor refereed our game there were no incidents.

That's all part of the plan .

They don't want us top at Christmas , they don't want United out of the picture by Christmas , they want Liverpool to win the league again or at a push , City.

SKY want a title race not a procession , the Premier League want a super competitive product to sell.

It's as corrupt as it possibly can be without drawing too much attention to the corruption.

• Like 1

Here's a Man Utd stat (a concerning one if you're a Utd fan) that never seems to be mentioned.

Over the last 110 years only two Utd managers have won the league title - Busby and Fergie. It's taken an all-time great and the greatest of all-time to win them their titles. A bit strange for one of top 3 biggest clubs in the world to have relied so massively in needing truly  brilliant managers to win titles.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Thanks 1

chara   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've been saying for years how corrupt Riley is , he was a coward as a referee and has done his utmost to get back at Chelsea ever since he almost killed Petr Cech through his own cowardice . 

He's also pushed through his agenda of "managing games" as opposed to officiating them within the laws of the game .

Great post Mark.... the "managing games" agenda I find absolutely corrupt, totally unacceptable  and not the remit of officiating personnel.

The Petr Cech incident was as upsetting an event as I have ever witnessed in the game...the disgraceful response from Riley should have had him thrown out of the system...and for me the pretentious title of a Referee's Committee sums up the whole issue..disgraceful.

The Referees ..whilst an integral function are there because of the game...not the other way round....as they seem to believe.

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh , I hear them cry , last time Altrincham born Anthony Taylor refereed our game there were no incidents.

That's all part of the plan .

They don't want us top at Christmas , they don't want United out of the picture by Christmas , they want Liverpool to win the league again or at a push , City.

SKY want a title race not a procession , the Premier League want a super competitive product to sell.

It's as corrupt as it possibly can be without drawing too much attention to the corruption.

It’s Taylored (sic)! 

The manipulation of games to suit the agenda’s of the major broadcasters is startlingly obvious. Pandering to the red sides of both North-West cities has been happening since just after the inception of the PL and Man Utd started to win titles. Only difference now is the swing towards the Scouse side.

SAF had the gravitas, power and connections to influence who didn’t referee the big games where a single decision could influence the game. Games where his team might win comfortably in most cases he let ride. 

Wenger saw this happening and tried his best to counter it, as did Jose. 

Man Utd backed SAF all the way, we’re trying to appease everyone, all the time. Wrongly, in my opinion believing that it will get us neutrality. I’ve not seen a home side get less 50/50 decisions than us. 

What made it even worse was the JOM/Clattenburg incident. It was and still is very clear that Clattenburg held the grudge and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that this extended into the other refs. Michael Oliver being a close associate of said ex-official. 

Club should have objected long ago about Taylor. Crowd should be on his back from before the game. Might not do much but it’ll be noticeable and might make him think twice about the next two-booking sending-off he provides us with.

Edited by East Lower

2 hours ago, East Lower said:

Wenger saw this happening and tried his best to counter it, as did Jose. 

Man Utd backed SAF all the way, we’re trying to appease everyone, all the time. Wrongly, in my opinion believing that it will get us neutrality. I’ve not seen a home side get less 50/50 decisions than us. 

What made it even worse was the JOM/Clattenburg incident. It was and still is very clear that Clattenburg held the grudge and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that this extended into the other refs. Michael Oliver being a close associate of said ex-official. 

Yes.  
There was post JM mkI a definite club attempt at mending fences with the refs.  Probably because until around CA, the refs were so incredibly biased against us that it couldn't be allowed to last.
And when Poll had his ridiculous game (Spurs) when he sent of JT and ignored multiple straight reds for Spurs, something must have happened behnd the scenes as England's top ref retired early a few months later.  Clattenberg also retired early after the spurs riot (where the touchline Police should have intervened - at least after the game with criminal charges).  

So while as a fan I would have liked a more public defence of our team by Buck and co, I suspect a lot has happened behind the scenes.
And since Conte the bias has been marginal IMO - of course a major factor there is that we have never been favourites to win the title at the start of the season (except possibly 15/16 ironically)

On Clattenberg, I was always shocked at the idea (oft mentioned at the time) that Clattenberg could not possibly be racist given his role as a referee and owner of a private business, while JT, Captain and leader of England and Chelsea could.

asvaberg   
12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Here's a Man Utd stat (a concerning one if you're a Utd fan) that never seems to be mentioned.

Over the last 110 years only two Utd managers have won the league title - Busby and Fergie. It's taken an all-time great and the greatest of all-time to win them their titles. A bit strange for one of top 3 biggest clubs in the world to have relied so massively in needing truly  brilliant managers to win titles.

The two managers were in their positions for more that 51 years, it total. 2 managers of nearly 50% of the last 110 years!

I don't find it strange at all - I find it to be pretty sensible. Their trophy cabinet is the proof.

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The two managers were in their positions for more that 51 years, it total. 2 managers of nearly 50% of the last 110 years!

I don't find it strange at all - I find it to be pretty sensible. Their trophy cabinet is the proof.

And now what? 

25 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Those that recall the Busby to Ferguson period, what they did wrong was not sack managers quick enough when they were clearly failing.
The lesson is not just hang on to the good managers (but not too long - Wenger).  But shift the ordinary ones on quick.
image.thumb.png.f9ee78f53a19bf109947aaa50e501b41.png

3 FA cups in 20 years for the biggest richest club in the land