• Current Donation Goals

Atr   

I like black, but I preferred last season's black away kit. This one has large silver stripes down by the sides. It reminds me of when our home kit had white down the sides.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I liked it. Stylish yet practical, and although I would prefer more blue on it, I'm liking the combination of black and silver.

"The away kit has little or no blue on it and silver has nothing to do with Chelsea that I'm aware of"

I think the silver is in celebration of the centenary season, at least this is what I have heard.

"Liked last year's blue/black kit much better. Nicest Chelsea shirt in a long time. Why did they ditch it so fast?"

It wasn't ditched that fast, it lasted two seasons just like every other kit. One season as the away shirt, one season as the third choice.

domel9   

Personally, I like the look of this season's away shirt, although I don't see the need to keep changing it every season. Its not as if the club needs to raise funds!

indija   

I do like the new away shirt - it's really cool and stylish ;) But it's just not Chelsea. So if anyone asks me, I think they should change it... or they've made a sort of bad design decision.

I love the look and would not be ashamed to wear it BUT

With this kind of weather, do we really want our players running around in black all the time?

I don't know, I guess I like it. I was surprised that it was black. It is a very contrasting look to most of the other kits throughout the EPL. I like it the kit, it is a different look for a new Chelsea. Maybe that is what they wanted to get across.

Whoever said 'atleast it isn't yellow or orange,' is spot on. I would much rather have this kit than a drab yellow kit.

Black is apparently the best to wear in the sun. While it absorbs the light, it is the best colour in terms of radiation/UV whatever, so I've been told.

The weather only comes into effect for one more game against Milan, and then its back to England, where I'm sure the players would be desperate for a bit of warmth come Christmas.

kane   

I see we have a new away shirt but will we be getting a new home shirt this year?