• Current Donation Goals

One of those games where the ref did his utmost to screw us over by claiming Cudicini moved when he saved the Owen pen. 

Just like when Dean decided to order two retakes for encroachment at West Ham.

Decisions like that were incredibly rare, and could have been given 99% of the time when pens were saved, and it is no coincidence we were on the wrong end of them twice.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

One of those games where the ref did his utmost to screw us over by claiming Cudicini moved when he saved the Owen pen. 

Just like when Dean decided to order two retakes for encroachment at West Ham.

Decisions like that were incredibly rare, and could have been given 99% of the time when pens were saved, and it is no coincidence we were on the wrong end of them twice.

He didn't save it, Owen hit it wide. 

That summer they made a big deal about GKs coming off their line on penalties, and this was the first example of it being executed. Complete farce. 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He didn't save it, Owen hit it wide. 

That summer they made a big deal about GKs coming off their line on penalties, and this was the first example of it being executed. Complete farce. 

And they quickly ignored the offence going forwards

bert19   
19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

And they quickly ignored the offence going forwards

I seem to remember it coming up at that time after Dida was saving penalties in the CL final shootout by basically standing on his six yard line 😄

paulw66   
27 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I seem to remember it coming up at that time after Dida was saving penalties in the CL final shootout by basically standing on his six yard line 😄

Yes, that was the trigger. The 2003 CL final, where Dida in particular was taking 1 or 2 steps off his line and saving them.

The PL were unable to process the difference between doing that, and a GK's big toe going in front of the line 

bert19   

So I popped over to Stamford Bridge on Friday afternoon - had my photo taken with TWO Champions League trophies 😀 🔵⚪️🏆🏆

Went into the Megastore as well.  After mentioning Nike sort of missing out on us as a market, I actually found some 'Megastore Exclusive' Nike gear (largely training type stuff I suppose you'd call it), but found two t-shirts, one black, one white - exactly the sort of thing I wanted.  Both cotton, both just have a small Nike swoosh over the right upper chest and a Chelsea badge over the left upper.  Exactly the sort of thing I'd go for, so snapped them up.  

A lot of the stadium is closed off due to building works, so you can't walk around the Britannia Gate side or around the West Stand, so couldn't get any photos of the Osgood Statue with the new banners by it, but I did walk through the East Lower and had a spy through a door,  Lots of seating being replaced in the Shed and the pitch has been completely removed, ready for the new one to go in.  All very busy! 

• Like 4

asvaberg   
On 16.6.2021 at 0:40 PM, bert19 said:

So I popped over to Stamford Bridge on Friday afternoon - had my photo taken with TWO Champions League trophies 😀 🔵⚪️🏆🏆

Just simply brilliant! Send the photo to all ManC and Sp**rs fans :)

Ruudboy   
2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Just simply brilliant! Send the photo to all ManC and Sp**rs fans :)

And Arsenal ... and Wet Spam ...

Apparently this is the third kit for cups

cfc.jpg