• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Sounds like another beatles rip off

I'd rather them be ripping off The Beatles than The Nolans.

The Beatles ripped off Chuck Berry so everything in rock n roll is recycled.

Don't listen to music, don't have a favourite band or anything.

I'm sad.

I'm sad for you... never listen to music??? That's a waste of a life!! LOL

Maybe I'm biased because when I was at university I booked the bands for the students union and nowadays I work as a photographer covering live music events. Can't think of anything better that being paid for doing something you like, and photography and music are my two major loves in life.

Agreed, Bob. Music makes driving, working and even jogging more enjoyable. Different genres for different walks of life as well. I feel like I can run forever when listening to Pendulum, and I am loving nothing more than driving and listening to Girl Talk at the moment. Fantastic mash up album.

I think I'd die without my iPod. Music makes boring times so much better- the long journey from home to college and the return one especially. There's also music that really helps in emotional times- I usually listen to 'Lose You' by Pete Yorn when I'm down about somebody's passing away. I love music :)

Full list of the Hottest 100 for 2011, which I never got around to posting. Top 10 songs all have youtube videos embedded.

Number 5 this year, from the album "He Will Have His Way". Essentially, a whole pile of Australian artists did covers of Tim and Neil Finns songs (Crowded House, Split Enz). Cracking cover by Boy and Bear, who are a quintet from Sydney. They were one of the artists brought through by Unearthed (Labeless Australian artists use this as a launching pad by submitting their songs), and have been very popular since. Number 5 is a cracking effort, given Australia wide hits such as F U by Cee Lo Green were so prominent... Especially so, since this song didn't appear until mere weeks before the Hottest 100 voting closed.

Another great song which really garnered some attention last year, and finished 45 in the countdown.

In other words, I'm really digging them at the moment. Such an interesting style.

Two dyas till Big Day Out.

Iggy and the Stooges, Tool, Rammstein, Washington, Grinderman (Nick Cave), Deftones, Wolfmother, Paul Dempsey... Amongst others.

Two dyas till Big Day Out.

Iggy and the Stooges, Tool, Rammstein, Washington, Grinderman (Nick Cave), Deftones, Wolfmother, Paul Dempsey... Amongst others.

Oh what a line up that is...Rammstein, Tool, Deftones, and Mr Cave...

Just wow. Rammstein are unbelievable live. Maynard too.

Yeah, should be massive. Rammstein are actually on my bucket list (hello, you're 19, Curtis), so one more thing I can tick off. I've seen plenty of live footage, and the vocals and instrumentals are so simple that they really can't go wrong live anyway!

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing Grinderman. I've seen The Cure, Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper live, so that's one more freaky, dark haired gentleman to tick off my Rock Legends Live list 8).