• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Off to smudge Touchstone on Saturday. Along with Porcupine Tree, they're the best modern prog rock group... actually more metal prog. Think Yes meets Van Halen. Should be good. Just hope the lighting at O2 Islington is better than usual

I've got the album Fear of a Blank Planet, though I've never had the chance to see them alive. The jerk offs have been to Australia three times in four years, and haven't done Perth ONCE!

Beady Eye Were simply fantastic.

Been hearing that they're absolutely smashing the live gigs so far. Been listening to their live stuff on youtube, sounds indentical to the record in places. Can't wait until I see them on Thursday at the Troxy. His voice is at its best since the G-MEX gig in 1997.

Saw Slayer, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Feeder, Primus, Gaslight Anthem and Slash yesterday at Soundwave.

- Slayer sounded fantastic, but got repetitive really quickly, did not pick a good set list.

- Caught an hour of Maiden, and they certainly had the crowd going, but they played a lot of their newer stuff that I was not familiar with.

- Queens of the Stone Age absolutely went off, even though they only got an hour. Opened with Feel Good Hit of the Summer and closed with A Song For The Dead. Little Sister, In My Head, Burn The Witch, Monsters in the Parasol, I Think I Lost My Headache, No One Knows and Lost Art of Keeping a Secret was the rest of the set list.

- Feeder played a heap of their new stuff that I was not familiar with, and surprisingly did not play Buck Rogers. Good live sound though, and Just A Day went off.

- Primus were terrible. I can appreciate Les Claypool's talent, but it was really just an hour of him stroking his own ego. Hour long band practice may appeal to some, but I found them to be the lowlight mainstage.

- Gaslight Anthem were very good, and had a nice mix of new and old (from their EP). Underwhelming crowd, but hardly their fault... They sounded good.

- Slash is a fantastic guitarist, but it didn't really go down very well live. It was like Santana at Woodstock, except for the fact that a majority of people were sober and eager to dance. Wrong scene for him, is all.

Caught Veara, Bayside, Less Than Jake and Bullet For My Valentine, but nothing outstanding. Cost the same as my Big Day Out ticket, but the festival was infinitely inferior. Organisation (Slayer crowd was unable to move due to being shoved in a tiny area), food prices, general crowd (too many try hard kids) and public transport all marred the event, and the only real saving grace for me was QOTSA.

Osgood 9   

Despite not being big into Heavy Metal. Seeing Iron Maiden would be class.

Osgood 9   

Been hearing that they're absolutely smashing the live gigs so far. Been listening to their live stuff on youtube, sounds indentical to the record in places. Can't wait until I see them on Thursday at the Troxy. His voice is at its best since the G-MEX gig in 1997.

They are gonna be amazing mate. FLW Live was one of the best experiences of my life.