• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Anyone pick up any decent vinyls for Record Store Day?

Got a few limited edition 7" that are gonna go on ebay and pay for United away.

Was there any Beady Eye Ones?

Not for Record Store Day. But they've had 4 limited edition vinyls (only 4000) released so far, all for about £3 each -

Bring The Light (B.Side - Sons Of The Stage). £50+ on eBay

Four Letter Word (B.Side - World Outside My Room). £30+ on eBay

The Roller (B.Side - Two Of A Kind). £15+ on eBay

Millionaire (B.Side - Man Of Misery). Only just been released but I can see that going up to around £40 on eBay.

Osgood 9   

I bought 'The Roller' on eBay for £10 :)

Also pre ordered a Millionaire single plus the collectors box.

Really want a Bring the Light one, but they are way too expensive.

I bought 'The Roller' on eBay for £10 :)

Also pre ordered a Millionaire single plus the collectors box.

Really want a Bring the Light one, but they are way too expensive.

I've got 4 of each vinyl. I'm gonna keep 1 of each for me, and then sell the other 3 on ebay. So I'll have about 12 vinyls to cash in on. I'll give you a shout when I put them on.

Osgood 9   

Brilliant.

I've ordered the Collectors box from the BE website so I want to have all the vinyls. :)

I still feel stupid for not getting a BTL vinyl. I was thinking it would be released on physical CD single had planned to go down that day during my lunch hour to HMV and get it. Checked online in the lesson before lunch and found it was a limited edition 7" Vinyl. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased!

Pre-Ordered Miles Kane's album yesterday as well as buying the singles' from Play.Com. He's fantastic. Supported Beady Eye at the Barrowlands and was fantatic. :)

Gutted about not being able to go to Rockness as Kasabian are headlining. :(. They are a fantastic live band, would be good to see them live again. However they've started work on a 4th Album in November 2010. So I imagine there should be something about it next month I.e a single going by when West Ryder was released. Hopefully a Dundee show on the tour If and when the album comes out! The 4th Album will have to take some beating to be better than West Ryder that was a perfect follow up to Empire which I thought was a VERY VERY Weak album with the exeception of Shoot the Runner and Empire.

Also did anyone get the OCS Moseley Shoals 15th Anniversary CD?

Edited by Osgood 9

I'm off to snap Peter Hook & The Light tonight (ex Joy Division/ New Order bassist) who is playing Unknown Pleasures in its entirety, and then tomorrow up and coming Midlands rockers Voodoo Johnson who I saw at The Bulldog Bash last year. New lead singer and new songs, so looking forward to that gig too

Brilliant.

I've ordered the Collectors box from the BE website so I want to have all the vinyls. :)

I still feel stupid for not getting a BTL vinyl. I was thinking it would be released on physical CD single had planned to go down that day during my lunch hour to HMV and get it. Checked online in the lesson before lunch and found it was a limited edition 7" Vinyl. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased!

Pre-Ordered Miles Kane's album yesterday as well as buying the singles' from Play.Com. He's fantastic. Supported Beady Eye at the Barrowlands and was fantatic. :)

Gutted about not being able to go to Rockness as Kasabian are headlining. :(. They are a fantastic live band, would be good to see them live again. However they've started work on a 4th Album in November 2010. So I imagine there should be something about it next month I.e a single going by when West Ryder was released. Hopefully a Dundee show on the tour If and when the album comes out! The 4th Album will have to take some beating to be better than West Ryder that was a perfect follow up to Empire which I thought was a VERY VERY Weak album with the exeception of Shoot the Runner and Empire.

Also did anyone get the OCS Moseley Shoals 15th Anniversary CD?

I might have to join you in buying Miles Kane's album. Saw him at the Troxy in London and he was brilliant.

Kasabian's 2nd album had some decent tunes on it - Me Plus One, Empire, Shoot The Runner, Stuntman, Sun Rise Light Flies... it was the album fillers that were nothing short of shocking.

Osgood 9   

My Favourite album in terms of 'All Killer No Filler' was 'Don't believe the Truth' - Oasis. I loved every track on that album. Definitely Maybe would also be the same if it didn't have Digsy's Dinner on it!

My Favourite album in terms of 'All Killer No Filler' was 'Don't believe the Truth' - Oasis. I loved every track on that album. Definitely Maybe would also be the same if it didn't have Digsy's Dinner on it!

Don't believe The Truth was a great collection of songs, I agree. Got a few Duff tracks on it, though. Not a fan of Mucky Fingers. Pass Me Down The Wine (only of Liam's tunes) should've taken it's place. Noel just stuck it on the Lyla single as a b-side.

Could argue that the only filler on Different Gear, Still Speeding is For Anyone or Three Ring Circus?