• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Osgood 9    1

Yeah, I'd agree with the DGSS statement. Think they should have put Man Of Misery on it instead of For Anyone. I don't actually mind three ring circus.

k1905    0

saw neville staples from the specials last night supporting the beat, place was rocking. quality way to celebrate st georges day!

Osgood 9    1

Digging :

Got the Album, Is fantastic. Seen him support Beady Eye, Was fantastic.

Porplyzia    13

Can anyone UK based tell me if Anna Calvi is getting much play time? She's appearing quite regularly on Triple J (both interviews and song wise), and she's absolutely fantastic!

Jon_Doyle    2

I don't listen to the radio too much, but she had 'song of the week' on one of the stations my housemates had on. I think she's getting pretty 'mainstream' over here.

Porplyzia    13

Somewhat unfortunate. Not a tag that I really mind anyway... The "I only listen to bands that don't exist yet" attitude I had at the age of 15 has died out a bit.

Jon_Doyle    2

Somewhat unfortunate. Not a tag that I really mind anyway... The "I only listen to bands that don't exist yet" attitude I had at the age of 15 has died out a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at her. The fact that she's in the mainstream is a decent gauge of her success over in the UK.

Bob Singleton    228

Can anyone UK based tell me if Anna Calvi is getting much play time? She's appearing quite regularly on Triple J (both interviews and song wise), and she's absolutely fantastic!

Anna is a friend of mine... not sure about radio playtime as I rarely listen to the radio, but she's playing Glastonbury this year, had a very successful tour of France and has a few tours lined up around Europe and the US over the next 12 months or so.

Porplyzia    13

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at her. The fact that she's in the mainstream is a decent gauge of her success over in the UK.

Ah, sorry mate! Over here in Aus, if somethings dubbed "mainstream", it's usually in a negative manner.

And cheers, Bob. That song Blackout has been in my head too often, recently.