• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Sea foot   

New Faith No More album 'Sol Invictus' is a brilliant return to form. Great band.

How does it fare with "The Real Thing"? Cracking album.

Zoowraa   

How does it fare with "The Real Thing"? Cracking album.

It's quite different to the real thing. It's quite dark sounding in places, but it's a definite grower album. On first listen I thought it was just ok, but after 4-5 listens I found I really got into it and it's quite short too which makes it easier to get into. About 40-45mins.

8/10 I would say with 'Cone of Shame ' and 'Matador' being my two standout tracks.

The Real Thing is a great album. still love it now.

Managed to get 2 tickets for AC/DC in London next year. Haven't seen them since the Razor's Edge Tour.

RIP Lemmy

I remember booking Motorhead (with Girlschool) in about 1981 for the Student's Union at UEA. A few years later I bumped into him, sat at a slot machine, in Dingwalls. I reminded him of the gig at UEA, and while he clearly didn't have a clue who this young guy was who was talking to him, nonetheless spent the next half hour or so recounting tales from the road... JD and/or cigarette in one hand, coins to feed the slots in the other.
A really nice, grounded bloke who had time for anyone and everyone.
You will be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7Voy9YK1I

Zoowraa   

RIP Lemmy.

Came across as a top man and released they some very good underrated albums over the years.

Gutted I never got to seem them live, was planning on going to their UK tour in Jan.

I like Coldplay and Mumford and Sons. They have this great balance of lyrics and music.though I must say that I always pay more attention to the lyrics than the actual tune. How about you guys? Can you share other songs too?

Sea foot   

Very very sad day.

RIP David Bowie. True true legend.

Bowie right on the heels of Lemmy is just too much.