• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

25 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Although he hadn't played for a while, Cropredy won't be it's normal joyous occasion this year, I suspect. Another sad loss.

This really is a double **** year so far.

Zoowraa   

Just recently discovered a really good Swedish band called Black Temple. Well worth checking out if you like an aggressive metal,punk,grunge vibe. Debut album came out last year and its a really solid debut.

Zoowraa   

Also , new Deftones album 'Gore' is a pretty good record. Its not their best album and takes a few listens to get into, but some really good tracks across the album. Gutted I had to miss them at Wembley arena on Friday night :(

9 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Just recently discovered a really good Swedish band called Black Temple. Well worth checking out if you like an aggressive metal,punk,grunge vibe. Debut album came out last year and its a really solid debut.

I'll give that a try , The latest Diamond Head and Clutch albums are very good if you're into that kinda thing.

Zoowraa   

Yeah I like Clutch, they never disappoint with their albums. Really liked Earth Rocker album and the latest one is pretty good too. Will check out the Diamond Head album

17 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Yeah I like Clutch, they never disappoint with their albums. Really liked Earth Rocker album and the latest one is pretty good too. Will check out the Diamond Head album

The Diamond Head one is more traditional hm but imho it's a return to their best after a good few years in the wilderness. Excellent new singer too .

Recent bought the latest Big big train CD "Folklore" would recommend it to any fans of Gabriel era Genesis , or anyone with ears really .

In a modern era of throw away rubbish it's a shining beacon of excellence.

Not a week track on it , I cannot stop listening to it.

Ruudboy   
On 03/06/2016 at 8:08 PM, Bob Singleton said:
20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Recent bought the latest Big big train CD "Folklore" would recommend it to any fans of Gabriel era Genesis , or anyone with ears really .

In a modern era of throw away rubbish it's a shining beacon of excellence.

Not a week track on it , I cannot stop listening to it.

Reminds me of Gabriel in a similar way to how Oasis reminded me of the Beatles. Doesn't have the same effect on my stomach though.