JaneB   

I caught a Pretenders concert last night. Always wanted to be Chrissie Hynde 😂

Ham   
10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I caught a Pretenders concert last night. Always wanted to be Chrissie Hynde 😂

Loved Chrissie Hynde.  

• Like 1

Ruudboy   

Saw her playing after Haim (spelling?) at Latitude 3-4 years ago - she blew them off the stage. Girl of my dreams with the voice of a (somewhat decadent) angel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blue moon said:

Saw her playing after Haim (spelling?) at Latitude 3-4 years ago - she blew them off the stage. Girl of my dreams with the voice of a (somewhat decadent) angel. 

Booked her (well, all of The Pretenders) in 1980. They'd just released their first album and it was part of a multi-gig tour of the UK (at least half were universities/colleges)

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Booked her (well, all of The Pretenders) in 1980. They'd just released their first album and it was part of a multi-gig tour of the UK (at least half were universities/colleges)

Saw one of those gigs at when at Uni in must of been 1980.  Ten Pole Tudor backing them.  Very good.

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Saw one of those gigs at when at Uni in must of been 1980.  Ten Pole Tudor backing them.  Very good.

Ah yes... I'd forgotten about Ten Pole Tudor, but pre "Swords of a Thousand Men" I think.

New Idles album 'Ultra Mono' released last week. For anyone frustrated with the world we live in, its a perfect injection of positive aggression that is much needed in these current times. Will it is for me anyway!

Only gave it the one listen so far, seems more of a grower than their first two albums which is no bad thing.

39 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

New Idles album 'Ultra Mono' released last week. For anyone frustrated with the world we live in, its a perfect injection of positive aggression that is much needed in these current times. Will it is for me anyway!

Only gave it the one listen so far, seems more of a grower than their first two albums which is no bad thing.

I think I'm too old for "Idles" having lived through the Punk Rock wars. 

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I'm too old for "Idles" having lived through the Punk Rock wars. 

You're never to old Mark. No current band matches these guys for sheer intensity. Give them a go, it may bring back some good memories!