• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Now loved this band in the 70,s but never bought the album . The Isley Brothers 3+3 it truly is a masterpeice

of soul sounds . That Lady,If you were there ,(covered by Wham) Summer Breeze, and The Highways of my life.

"If you were there" is simply outstanding.

Anyone else interested in contemporary jazz check out Mario Biondi and the High Five Quintet. Album has been out for over a year and has remix of "this is what you are" and "Rio De Janeiro Blues".

Also been out for a year on white label and recently issued on 12" vinyl - Metropolitan Jazz Affair - "Find a Way". The best £6 you'll ever spend!

When I heard the torrent I suspected there may have been a collaboration at some time with this man. They really are promiscuous these musicians aren't they?

Like this?

The usual word is "incestuous". I don't know about 6 degrees of separation. I could probably link anyone within 3 degrees at worst - and usually one...

Benners   
Like this?

The usual word is "incestuous". I don't know about 6 degrees of separation. I could probably link anyone within 3 degrees at worst - and usually one...

Of course that is the usual word - how out of touch with the language of Shakespeare I've become.

And all the more appropriate them being brothers and all.

But can't all that stuff lead to having children with six fingers, good for the sax.. but the trumpet?.

You probably think I'm into "gangsta" rap as I'm 17 but nah can't stand that ****!

Arctic Monkeys

Oasis

The Enemy

The Killers

Blink 182

+44

The Jam

The Clash

Green Day (from the "Dookie" album days. Not thier new crap)

Sum 41

Currently listening to an album entitled "Brooklyn Soul" - a concept album combining Jay-Z's "American Gangster" and Marvin Gaye samples. If anyone like's Jay-Z, I'd definitely recommend it (PM me for the download link).

I think my musical taste entirely depends on setting. For instance I have a rigid playlist of Crunk, Grime, Underground Hip Hop and Dirty House for the gym - but I rarely listen to it outside of the Gym. Someone I'm into at the moment, perhaps due to the current dissertation writing occurring is Andy McKee. Possibly one of the best acoustic guitar players in the world, and his video's on YouTube are quality.

Again, what I listen to really stems from where I am during the day. General listen comprises of a lot of singer/songwriter types mixed with some neo-soul and some hip hop in the form of artists like Aesop Rock etc. I am fairly into the whole indie scene, but there has been a bit of overkill in that department in the past few years. There seems a "next big band" every other week.

If I were to pick 5 people I am currently listening to/would recommend I would suggest; Lupe Fiasco, Andy McKee, D'angelo, Jose Vanders and Durrty Goodz.

Songs I'm really enjoying atm:

"Sweetest Girl" - Wyclef, Akon, Lil Wayne

"Into The Night" Santana Featuring Chad Kroeger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7amYNaPTRI...feature=related

"Rockstar" Nickelback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4niyFhERs

"Where I Stood" Missy Higgins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_9H-NmqxY...feature=related

"Homecoming" Kanye West featuring (the) Chris Martin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdAIMCKK_-w

"Superstar" Lupe Fiasco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gArgnx9avBw...feature=related

"Flashing Lights" Kanye West

Litchy   
If I were to pick 5 people I am currently listening to/would recommend I would suggest; Lupe Fiasco, Andy McKee, D'angelo, Jose Vanders and Durrty Goodz.

Lupe Fiasco's album is really good. there's not many US rap artists I'm into, I think most of them are shite, but him, Kanye West, Common and Jay-Z are all really good.

As for Jose Vanders, I actually (sort of) know her. Her names actually Josie Van Der Guht. Her mum is a drama teacher at my school and she went out with one of my best mates for a while (Jose that is, not the mum). See her around quite alot.

Lupe Fiasco's album is really good. there's not many US rap artists I'm into, I think most of them are shite, but him, Kanye West, Common and Jay-Z are all really good.

As for Jose Vanders, I actually (sort of) know her. Her names actually Josie Van Der Guht. Her mum is a drama teacher at my school and she went out with one of my best mates for a while (Jose that is, not the mum). See her around quite alot.

That mean you have a Mrs. Van Der Guht teaching in school? Bit of a mouthful....