• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Glasvegas - Really poor performance and a sign of a band that have catapulted to quickly to the top 4/10

I cannot get into them at all. I feel I should like them but the few songs I have heard just don't do anything for me. Maybe repeat listens will increase their appeal slightly but they seem over-hyped to me.

Bloc Party - Simply superb, must admit though they get away with a lot thanks to Silent Alarm 9/10

Not a fan of the new album either? They aren't bad songs as such but compared with Silent Alarm they are poor.

The incredible Sigur Ros played on Sunday night and to be fair incredible doesn't do them justice. I don't think there is a superlative that explains just how special this band are. I had concerns about their sound at a festival, especially on the Main Stage but they brought a Brass Band with them which was a stroke of genius. Svefn-g-englar was the first track and Jonsi actually played the guitar with his tongue and teeth at one point. The 10,000 that turned up to watch them were completely silent and with it raining slightly and being pitch black the whole thing was one hell of an experience. They played most of their energetic tracks from Hoppipolla to Goobledigook. They finished their performance off by firing bucket loads of confetti over the crowd Confetti Rain. All I can say about Sigur Ros is beg, borrow and steal to see them live. They are most definately the best act I have ever saw live. The sheer emotion in Jonsi's voice and the flawless way that they play their host of instruments if truely remarkable.

*Preparing self to beg, borrow and steal....*

Jocasta Sleeps - Never listened to them before but they impressed me a great deal 7/10

I checked them out as I have never heard of them. Only heard 3-4 songs but they seem like yet another good promising (Scottish) band.

Bit of a read there but it is mainly for Mr Doyle and Sir Tweed.

Much appreciated. :)

Osgood 9   

Glasvegas are an alright band.There New album sounds pretty good.Probably get my cousin to D/load for me.New Oasis album soon,Can't wait.I want Kasabian to do a new album...

Benners   

Do any of you know a London ska/punk band called Deadlines? They are coming my waysoon and I would be interested in your comments.

sam.p07   
Not a fan of the new album either? They aren't bad songs as such but compared with Silent Alarm they are poor.

Are you talking about 'Intimacy', I downloaded most of the album the other day, I think its good, no worse than 'A weekend in the city'. 'One Month Off' is my favourite track at the moment off of it.

I just love it how as soon as a band detour away from the generic indie sound their work is of a lesser quality. The new album is awesome: Halo is as good as anything on Silent Alarm as are a few other songs.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin
I just love it how as soon as a band detour away from the generic indie sound their work is of a lesser quality. The new album is awesome: Halo is as good as anything on Silent Alarm as are a few other songs.

Wrong side of the bed this morning darling?

I don't think their work is a lesser quality, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as Silent Alarm. Personal preference. I have been listening to Intimacy loads over the last few days and I enjoy it but the electro tangent is just slightly too extreme for my liking. Going by the way they performed at Connect they are still more comfortable with the favourites. Mercury and Flux was the only new tracks that they played and only one of them is on Intimacy.

I love Bloc Party but I prefer them when they focus on guitars and drums. To say that Silent Alarm is generic indie is pretty shocking also.

I expect us to discuss this in full whilst drunk in a pub in Cluj.

Wrong side of the bed this morning darling?

I blame it on the insurgence of West Ham (who?) and Man City (who?) fans in recent weeks. Also on the fact I like electro indie just as much as your bog standard Libertines ;)