• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

He really did consume himself in the Joker's character.

I read somewhere that the scene where he claps Gordon's promotion in the cell was totally improvised, and the crew were really creeped out in the background, but Nolan kept the cameras running. Locking himself up in a room for a month really paid off in his performance.

And that was a great scene...if anyone gets a chance watch it at the IMax, Nolan Filmed many of the scenes using IMax technology, and it really makes a big difference. Ledger is definitely the joker.

Rumors are Johnny Depp will be the next joker.

Johnny Depp is probably the only man who could match Ledger's Joker, but Ledger is so good I think it should be left.

Depp would however make a brilliant 'Batman Begins' version of the Riddler. Ditch the constume, ditch the stupidness of Jim Carrey.

Depp could make the Riddler a dark character, a compelte phsycopath and pure evil, while maintaining the slight quirkiness the Riddler needs. Essentially, he could do for the Riddler what Ledger did for the Joker, and be a real match for Batman and a very realisitic villian.

He looked great as a villian in 'The Demon Barber of Fleet Street' and definitely has the abilty and dark side to do it.

I think there will be a new love interest in the next film too (for some reason) and Catwoman would be perfect. Not sure who could play her, but her as depicted in 'Batman: Year One' would be a start. Woman who takes to the streets to fight injustice, but lacking the anti-killing ehtos of the Batman. She at first sides with Depp's Riddler but eventually ends up helping Batman defeat him.

Just a few ideas I'm throwing out there. But definitely Depp for a new, darker Riddler.

JAFFA   
Depp could make the Riddler a dark character, a compelte phsycopath and pure evil, while maintaining the slight quirkiness the Riddler needs. Essentially, he could do for the Riddler what Ledger did for the Joker, and be a real match for Batman and a very realisitic villian.

I think you may have something there, James. Depp is a very accomplished actor and although I haven't enjoyed all his films (From Hell was awful) he always impresses.

I like your style.

Having enjoyed the film greatly, I've booked to see it again at the IMAX in a couple of weeks.

I'm also a big admirer of Depp's work but would prefer to see him as the Riddler as James suggested.

Edited by Duffo The Bear

Love Depp's acting, but I don't want the Joker touched again in Nolan's world of Batman. Somehow I think it'll just get people too distracted, comparisons etc...

Batman has a bunch of villains to pick from.

Someone made an article on the possible Nolan versions of famous Batman villains. http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=...ogPost%3A429009

I haven't read Batman comics in my life (will probably do try the old classics thanks to Nolan), but this was a very interesting for me, and the specualtion of how to keep them grounded and realistic.

JAFFA   
I haven't read Batman comics in my life (will probably do try the old classics thanks to Nolan)

If you ask a comic fan to recommend a Batman title that is a 'must' read then I would imagine the unanimous response would be 'The Dark Knight Returns'. And I share that view - it is without much doubt one of the best Batman stories ever written. And also one of the best comic stories ever written too. Where the Dark Knight falls down is that its written with fans in mind. Therefore, to obtain maximum enjoyment from TDKR, its important to have a fundemental knowledge of the characters concerned. Yes it will still make sense if you don't but certain scenes will be lost on the reader if they dont know who Green Arrow is for example - as he crops up towards the end.

The sub-culture concerning Batman is much more complex than that surrounding ... Spiderman for example.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

:)

'The Dark Knight Returns'

That one kept being mentioned everywhere I read about the Dark Knight, so I was thinking of starting there.

Will keep in mind that I'd need a background in it. So I'll look elsewhere first. I was thinking of checking out Batman: Year One, as that one was mentioned alot with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, too.

First, though, must get to The Watchmen :)

hanuma   

The Joker is the best Batman villain by a mile, although Hollywood really could do with a truly psycopathic female killer, not a stupid one either, someone much smarter than Batman or the Joker. A Catwoman that is so scary she'd make little boys **** their pants the next time they see a woman in black.

Edited by hanuma

Osgood 9   

I went to see the Dark Knight Last night.One of the best films I have ever seen.