• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

ish   

turkey is definitely one of the fastest growing economies in the world, cheap labour, huge populace and connection between asia and europe is very useful for its growth.

Anyway with Turkey I think if your rich or at least well off your more likely to be secular. However the very poor are nearly always more religious and conservative. So if you go rich places in istanbul, izmir or the resort towns then yes you will see a very liberal and secular turkey but go to a town more central or away from where the rich hang out and its a different place entirely.

The sponsorship is an interesing one, it truly depends on how much turkish airlines will give chelsea because it definitely helps them grow their brand name around the world. ie no one in asia, america or oceania would even know of turkish airlines but the connection with chelsea will change that in many places, especially asia where they probably really want to grow into since they fly to most asian capitals.

And I think the failing state of the turkish game will mean people will more likely jump ship to watch and follow the English game with it becoming free to air. Its not the strongest market but a population of nearly 100m isn't tiny and the potential for secondary investment is high from other markets as I think the turkish populace cares a lot about what celebrities do so getting further turkish sponsorship could be possible.

They didn't say much more but apparently they will still be one of if not our main sponsor. Just what I heard sorry I dont have any more details.

Stadium?

If we're selling stadium naming rights, then I think Fullers should be the first people we ask... The London Pride Stadium has a nice ring to it, I think LOL :-)

In that report I think the business insider have got their currencys mixed up, by all accounts our samsung deal is £16m a year and can fully see why the club is looking for a double your money offer considering how much utd got and arsenal recently, the min expectation the club should have is to be 2nd only to utd and ahead of the rest of the chasing pack by a good few million so that we stay ahead of them on their next negotiations, id be looking for £35m+ but has to be £30m min realistically seeing as arsenal got that and they are no where near our level of exposure/success.

Glad. As much as I like Samsung as a company in general, they haven't been giving us nearly as much as we should be commanding.

Surely that's not Samsung's fault. Any company entering into a sponsorship deal will try to get as much out of it as possible for the lowest possible investment. If there be blame, it should rest with our commercial people who didn't drive a hard enough bargain. As it is, given when it first started and our then trophy haul, we didn't do too badly, and there will have no doubt been "bonus" payments of some sort for winning various titles and trophies.

It has run its course. Samsung have built up their brand name, and we want more money than they are prepared to pay. I don't quite see how that equates to some saying Samsung's recent attitude toward us has been bad (or did I miss a press release where Samsung have said, "we wish we'd never sponsored Chelsea"?).