• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

The timing does seem odd. Can't just be pursuing "new business opportunities", or is that just my suspicious mind at work? ;-)

Interesting, a bit out of the Blue.

Despite his early shaky start I think he's done Ok. Our transfer strategy has improved greatly, whether that's due to him or Emenalo who knows and our Commercials have been pretty good too. Wonder if the new appointment can take us to the next level to be part of the real elite clubs when it comes to sponsorship, the kit deal with adidas was top drawer (before United came along with theirs) but maybe the Shirt Sponsorship can be worked on to get us in that top bracket.

Thoughts?

I think he's done more than okay, I think he's done a great job. He's a known fan of Jose, our commercial deals have been good, the stadium plan seems to be heading the right direction, we're complying with FFP and we've been much 'better behaved' off the field. It's a loss for me.

Sad Gourlay is going - done an excellent job. Think it's good timing - remember United changed their CEO in the summer and it screwed their transfer plans. This timing allows us to get a new person in relatively quick and be well prepared for the transfer window next summer - though our plans are already underway most likely. And we have Marina and Buck doing the job temporarily to provide some stability now. The long-term plans of the club with Jose were not tied into Gourlay. Should be no problem.

Make sure we get the right person Roman - though I am sure he will.

Thanks Ron, and good luck in future.

Edited by James Prescott

I think he's done more than okay, I think he's done a great job. He's a known fan of Jose, our commercial deals have been good, the stadium plan seems to be heading the right direction, we're complying with FFP and we've been much 'better behaved' off the field. It's a loss for me.

Agreed.

Sad Gourlay is going - done an excellent job. Think it's good timing - remember United changed their CEO in the summer and it screwed their transfer plans. This timing allows us to get a new person in relatively quick and be well prepared for the transfer window next summer - though our plans are already underway most likely. And we have Marina and Buck doing the job temporarily to provide some stability now. The long-term plans of the club with Jose were not tied into Gourlay. Should be no problem.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. Your posts froth with assumption. Our plans for next summer are already underway most likely? The long-term plans of the club were not tied into Gourlay. What does this mean?

#prescott

Scooba   

Hats off to Gourlay. Our most successful chief executive? He has taken us a long way and probably feels it's time to part company. Shame because he could quite easily oversee an even more successful 10 years to come.

The feeling is very much the same as when Kenyon left - under-appreciated and under-estimated by the fans.

Was never the problem but rather a shining light among clowns. I hope we get someone in who's as good as those two were for us.

To be honest, I had my doubts on him round the time Carlo left and a bit after that. In that period it didn't really feel like the club was going anywhere. But I remember after the CL win, he said in an interview that it was his job to build on success and he did exactly that.

Now we have a great squad, the best manager and a promising youth setup. Well done and good luck.

Hopefully the next guy, if there is one, can take us a step forward commercially to get a bit closer to the biggest guns.

Chelsea to announce profits of almost £20m out of record £320m turnover. More on that in Times tmrw

Heading in the right direction financially and on the pitch. Good times :-)