• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Ham   
17 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watching Arsenal V Liverpool.

It's a dreadful game but Martin Tyler is cooing over every half hit shot or shanked pass like it's Brazil 70.

I expect he'll be leading the singing of YAWN at full time .

Not only that but he spent the entire game campaigning for TAA over Reece for the Euros.  

BT just as bad , they may as well be rebranded as United TV , that prick who does all their games is slightly more pro United than OGS.

Ham   

United have just got away with a blatant penalty.  

These are the fine lines that define seasons.  

Effing joke. What does slabhead have to do to get punished?

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

You know it's a nailed on penalty when Macmanaman has to convince VAR otherwise . 

It's so , so , bent now , it's ruined in all honesty .

Match of the day said its clear as day, PENALTY!

also I said before the Poland game, What's the odds Saint Rashford turns out for Man Utd, but wasn't fit enough for England?

14 hours ago, Ham said:

Remember the incident in the home leg against Atletico? Their striker runs into the box, Azpi puts out his arm and made brief contact with the player, who threw himself to the ground. 

The entire football world was in uproar saying how we'd got away with one, you can't put your hand on a player in the box, that is a pen any day of the week against any other club.

Maguire grabbed onto Welbeck and pulled him back as he was about to score, but the ref sees nothing wrong, VAR sees nothing wrong, plenty of apologists say there wasn't enough in it to warrant a pen.

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Remember the incident in the home leg against Atletico? Their striker runs into the box, Azpi puts out his arm and made brief contact with the player, who threw himself to the ground. 

The entire football world was in uproar saying how we'd got away with one, you can't put your hand on a player in the box, that is a pen any day of the week against any other club.

Maguire grabbed onto Welbeck and pulled him back as he was about to score, but the ref sees nothing wrong, VAR sees nothing wrong, plenty of apologists say there wasn't enough in it to warrant a pen.

Like I predicted a good 4-5 seasons ago football is killing it self very, very slowly. Continue like this, with finances going down (average age of people consuming PL football is old, the younger crowd don't care about football) and main competitions clearly being bent. Football will find itself being irrelevant faster than people think is possible. 

Personally I'm close to just pack it in after having watched Chelsea for 25+ years. Just doesn't feel the same anymore. The players we have are also not the type of players you care for very much. Mason Mount is about it to be honest. Maybe Reece James. The rest of them are just meh to me. VAR was probably the final nail in the coffin. A joke all around. Goals being chalked off for a big toe being just offside while the technology isn't good enough to capture the exact moment the ball is played. 

The only thing VAR has accomplished is that they can cheat with replays (instead of having to do it real time). 

46 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Personally I'm close to just pack it in after having watched Chelsea for 25+ years.

Personally I have never seen it so clean - or at least never more balanced towards Chelsea.  Certainly not in the last 20 years at least when I have been able to watch every minute of Chelsea one way or another (FSW aside of course).

I suspect that when Clattenberg was sent off on early retirement, (after Poll a few years earlier) there was a much bigger shakeup of refereeing than anyone expected.

Maybe if I watched a lot of other clubs (Liverpool last season for example) I'd feel different.

50 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The only thing VAR has accomplished is that they can cheat with replays (instead of having to do it real time). 

Well VAR was always about protecting refs from allegations, not removing bias. And the idea that sticking people in tin boxes with a lot of replays and expecting them to make better decisions was going against 25 years of SKY TV evidence.

But it is 2 or 3 years since I felt we got stuffed by a referee, and I've think we have enjoyed quite a few decisions that I would have been furious about  if they'd gone the other way.
I think Drogba now would be getting 10 pens a season.

Ham   
7 hours ago, Backbiter said:

When I watched it live my first thought was "why wouldn't Welbeck have just tapped that in?" 

Not only was he held back but he also kicks the back of his calf. 

If that's given I reckon they go on to win as Slabhead gets a straight red.

I wonder what Silva was thinking watching that. 

JaneB   

Obviously I didn't want Everton to score against Crystal Palace, but if it had to be someone I'm pleased it was James Rodriguez.