• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Days after Utd lost at Burnley and a week after Liverpool lost at Spurs. I expect the Steelers will thrash the Raiders this season too, what of it?

Since you made the comparison, you must know what the difference is very well. The Raiders were in the SuperBowl only five years ago and could be again two seasons from now if the club is well managed. Only 5 of the 32 NFL teams have never been to the Superbowl (3 of the 5 are recent expansion clubs) and the most any team has won in the 43 years of the "modern era" is 6. Compare that to the last 43 years of Premiership/First Division football and its a very different picture with ManU and Liverpool combining for 23 of the titles and only 11 clubs winning total, most of whom have no chance of ever winning again (Everton, Forest, Leeds, Blackburn, Derby Cty, Liverpool:).

Sure there are one off "cupset" type situations -- and we all love them -- but I think we can agree that the chances of Burnley winning the title 2 10 or 20 years from now are nonexistent unless there is a fundamental change to address the disparity of wealth. And I say that because I love English football and think it can be better, not because I think any other game or model is superior.

Its encouraging seeing Pool lose 2 of 3 but over the course of the season we all know they will rebuild and end up in the top 4 again.

NdAbbot   
meanwhile Everton have signed Diniyar Bilyaletdinov. Could be a great signing for them .

He plays in midfield, and I thought that it is defence they have problems with. Anyway, I am really glad so many players are joing EPL from Russia and Bilyaletdinov has great potential. His father is coach and can help him to stay on track and improve. He can play anywhere in midfield as well as advanced midfielder, so can turn out to be great for them. Lokomotiv is not a bad team, though playing not great last couple of season, but being captain there means something.

My God I just can't wait to hear English commentators trying to pronounce his name. It sounds difficult enough in russian :)

hanuma   
Since you made the comparison, you must know what the difference is very well. The Raiders were in the SuperBowl only five years ago and could be again two seasons from now if the club is well managed. Only 5 of the 32 NFL teams have never been to the Superbowl (3 of the 5 are recent expansion clubs) and the most any team has won in the 43 years of the "modern era" is 6. Compare that to the last 43 years of Premiership/First Division football and its a very different picture with ManU and Liverpool combining for 23 of the titles and only 11 clubs winning total, most of whom have no chance of ever winning again (Everton, Forest, Leeds, Blackburn, Derby Cty, Liverpool:).
U.S.A. v England. Not exactly a fair contest. More importantly the NFL is the equivalent of the Champions League, not the European League system. I take your point that it can improve, although I'm not sure I'm so keen on this need to introduce measures that ensure this constant fluidity of competition, in that respect the NFL could be improved.

Sir   

Exellent. I would of even taken a draw in an ideal world but if they lose I will be happy!

Sir   

If we get a Gerrard dive and penalty I think we get the match ball!

Sir   

2-2 What a shock. The red card was well harsh apparently, what a joke.

Sir   

Surprise surprise surbloodyprise 3-2 to them. The referee has given them that win.