• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

9 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I hope the Chelsea players are watching Atletico tonight. A lot they can learn.

Too much like hard work.

Incidentally , the referee is favouring Barca to an almost hilariously transparent effect.

Vinod   
22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Too much like hard work.

Incidentally , the referee is favouring Barca to an almost hilariously transparent effect.

I dont think the ref is favoring Barca. 

13 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I dont think the ref is favoring Barca. 

Second half no but he was in the first.

I'm possibly having my judgment clouded by listening to comments like  Steve "ex Liverpool" McMananman watching Luis "ex Liverpool" Suarez elbowing Godin in the face and complaining that Godin was disappointed there was no blood and faking despite having a massive black eye and the UK commentary team willing Barca onwards. But hey ho.

Vinod   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Second half no but he was in the first.

I'm possibly having my judgment clouded by listening to comments like  Steve "ex Liverpool" McMananman watching Luis "ex Liverpool" Suarez elbowing Godin in the face and complaining that Godin was disappointed there was no blood and faking despite having a massive black eye and the UK commentary team willing Barca onwards. But hey ho.

The commentators here in India are quite clear that Suarez and Iniesta should have been sent off.

Chel_don   

Always wondered how Simeone gets his team to be that passionate and disciplined without ever losing the dressing room. Many wont like his style but how he has transformed  Atletico is amazing. Hope he comes here one day. Love how Atletico played Barca at their own game with the rolling around on the ground etc and all play acting. Now Barca know how it feels. That is the only way to beat Barca on a two legged tie. It is not pretty but it is effective and gets results.

1 minute ago, Chel_don said:

Always wondered how Simeone gets his team to be that passionate and disciplined without ever losing the dressing room. Many wont like his style but how he has transformed  Atletico is amazing. Hope he comes here one day. Love how Atletico played Barca at their own game with the rolling around on the ground etc and all play acting. Now Barca know how it feels. That is the only way to beat Barca on a two legged tie. It is not pretty but it is effective and gets results.

By not sinking millions of pounds on overrated primadonnas but cheap (and equally good if not better) players from "lesser leagues" where they don't pay a useless muppet £200k for being marketed as a star. 

He has genuine players who have great technique, fantastic tactical understanding, work rate and passion. And he does it on the cheap like most continental sides do. His style works for such players because they haven't been spoon fed they are untouchable stars by their agents and entourage. Real men playing the game as it's supposed to be played. England used to be something similar but the money has completely changed that. Now it's cynical foul play and acts of cowardice, pampered stars warning so much money they can barely be arsed to fight and win the game they are supposed to love. 

The PL being flush with money may be a blessing in disguise for many well-run clubs on the continent. They have become a joke in Europe and buys players for enormous amounts of money which makes the continental sides even better as they get 3-4 players of equal quality for the price of 1.

Finances their current operations and model for a long time while the PL teams (well many of them, not all) spend ludicrous amounts of money on the latest flavour or in-form player at 2-4x their actual value. Very few players are that good to command such fees and if they are they aren't going to England. 

City bought KDB and Sterlig for £110m and went from second to being out of the race by February. Their collective value comparing to similar players isn't much more than £30-50m. What on earth was City thinking? 

It's amazing how money blinds you.