• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

jangz   

So many pundits and players coming out with plans around how players can finish season in the summer when (if) covid threat recedes. What most people are forgetting is that none of the players would be match fit and if anything it will again increase the chances of injury. For the season to start again clubs will need atleast 2-3 weeks of training. With that in mind I dont think EPL or any league can return before June.. 

But my thoughts right now are far away from when football restarts, we in my country are now entering the critical phase where Community Spread will start anytime. Hope people take precautions for themselves and others.

18 hours ago, JaneB said:

So no premier league games until the start of May at the earliest.

Its Interesting that it mentions the Euros being cancelled to give league and cup games an ‘increased’ chance of being completed, so that suggests to me that they are not sure if the season will complete.

The statement about the current season being extended indefinitely might be misleading, I’m not sure they are saying they will complete it however long it takes, I think they are saying they will allow it to continue past June 1st but won’t put any final date in place yet, basically they have left it open ended for now. So no guarantee the season will complete.

I think the ultimate decision will have to tie in with all the other European leagues, if they all ensure their competitions complete then so will we, however if they just end everything so next season has a chance of starting then we would have to follow suit.

At the moment though it seems we are no clearer.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

So no premier league games until the start of May at the earliest.

Its Interesting that it mentions the Euros being cancelled to give league and cup games an ‘increased’ chance of being completed, so that suggests to me that they are not sure if the season will complete.

The statement about the current season being extended indefinitely might be misleading, I’m not sure they are saying they will complete it however long it takes, I think they are saying they will allow it to continue past June 1st but won’t put any final date in place yet, basically they have left it open ended for now. So no guarantee the season will complete.

I think the ultimate decision will have to tie in with all the other European leagues, if they all ensure their competitions complete then so will we, however if they just end everything so next season has a chance of starting then we would have to follow suit.

At the moment though it seems we are no clearer.

So May is the earliest........looks hugely unlikely that we will restart in early May IMO

I also think we need to be wrapped up by 30 June (contract issues) so that window is narrowing daily. 

Void, void, void. 

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

So May is the earliest

2021 perhaps.  But May is optimistic even then unless they play behind closed doors.

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Void, void, void. 

Absolutely not.  At the first opportunity it should go to a play off of the current top 4.  Only way to be fair.

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

2021 perhaps.  But May is optimistic even then unless they play behind closed doors.

Absolutely not.  At the first opportunity it should go to a play off of the current top 4.  Only way to be fair.

Eh? Between who? The current top 4? How is that fair on the teams 5th and 6th? And what about relegation?

If the earliest opportunity is post July 1st, what happens to players who are out of contract? Can Ziyech play for Chelsea?

Edited by paulw66

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Eh? Between who? The current top 4? How is that fair on the teams 5th and 6th? And what about relegation?

If the earliest opportunity is post July 1st, what happens to players who are out of contract? Can Ziyech play for Chelsea?

A little tongue in cheek, I just thought it would be nice if Chelsea and Leicester had an equal chance with Liverpool & City to win the league.
Void would be nice, but a Blue win (any of them) would be even better.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A little tongue in cheek, I just thought it would be nice if Chelsea and Leicester had an equal chance with Liverpool & City to win the league.
Void would be nice, but a Blue win (any of them) would be even better.

sorry, I did wonder after I posted if your post was ironic 

chara   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

sorry, I did wonder after I posted if your post was ironic 

Ah paulw.....you fell into the Droy honeytrap..as we all do.....too many forget to look past a Droy seemingly windup comment and miss many a very astute comment..

Long may it continue!!!!

Ham   

I've just learnt from Sky Sports News that Stephen Hunt is now a football agent.

Just when you thought you couldn't hate him more......

Ham   

Plus.... Jim Burgundy has actually started dressing like his cousin Ron.