• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
59 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Swap McGuire for Terry and we all know the media would prtray this quite differently. 

It's the apparent double standards that annoys me the most with this story. 

Imagine if it was Pogba!

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Imagine if it was Pogba!

Imagine if it were Rashford.

(Not that I think he' do something so dumb, I like him, but the media would find it really hard to deal with)

JaneB   
Ham   
5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Expect a different demographic.

I'll not necessarily miss any of these. The whole thing has been stale for years. Old boys' club. 

I initially found out about Le Tiss and assumed it was because he'd refused to support a dangerous political movement. 

Predictions for replacements on Soccer Saturday?

Alex Scott is a given. 

Edited by Ham

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'll not necessarily miss any of these. The whole thing has been stale for years. Old boys' club. 

I initially found out about Le Tiss and assumed it was because he'd refused to support a dangerous political movement. 

Predictions for replacements on Soccer Saturday?

Alex Scott is a given. 

I Like Alex myself , she talks a good game , please not Sue Smith , I expect Clinton Morrison will get a call , again I don't mind him , anyone is preferable to Nicholas and Thompson .

bert19   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I Like Alex myself , she talks a good game , please not Sue Smith , I expect Clinton Morrison will get a call , again I don't mind him , anyone is preferable to Nicholas and Thompson .

I don't mind Alex to be fair. 

Odds on Sky getting a worse scouser than Thompson though? Wouldn't be shocked if they hired Aldridge or some equally ridiculous and awful troll. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Expect a different gender.  Test match Special had 2 women working together this week.  I don't know if it increases the female audience.  I don't think it helps the male audience though.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I Like Alex myself

I mostly only watch  SKY and BT during games and avoid studio chat and adverts.  There are some good women presenters, though I couldn't name them.  But I don't think the ratio of good to bad is any better for women than for the men.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I Like Alex myself , she talks a good game 

I think she's as cliche and trite as most male pundits, but crucially seems to enjoy football and be happy to talking about it so I like her. She's an Ian Wright figure; rarely says anything especially insightful or interesting in terms of tactics or analysis but has an engaging enthusiasm and passion.

Sciatika   

I tend to find that most start off OK and then seem to slowly adopt the same cliches as all the others and they all end up sounding the same.

bert19   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I tend to find that most start off OK and then seem to slowly adopt the same cliches as all the others and they all end up sounding the same.

Except for Roy Keane. Who clearly gives not a single f***

• Like 1