• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

9 hours ago, chara said:

OK.in case I left any doubt the national front (lower case is deliberate) example was as far from an acceptable cause as I could come up with but as a POLITICAL entity BLM to me is not acceptable..as a social issue black lives matter is (as do all lives wherever they are.)

There was no doubt. I think from previous conversations we know you and I don't see BLM the same way, but I can respect your views and particularly your honesty here. At least you specifically say you object to pro-BLM sympathies in football rather than politics in football. Same way I'd object specifically in your hypothetical pro-NF example to the pro-NF bit, not the presence of politics altogether. And again, that's all my contributions have been about; no interest in really talking the content of politics with anyone here. 

It's a shame you can't bring yourself to watch Chelsea. I hope the team has you back soon. And I certainly don't think you need to apologise for your contributions. 

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Apparently we will soon be getting a Fox News of our own. Hooray?

It will be as bad as the CNN and MSNBC copies we have already, but at least it will be a little different on some topics.
People are going to be quite shocked if they start to hear Money Honey talk about the Intelgate scandal or Portland.

Ham   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Funny how you took exception to me cheekily pointing it out, but not the actual post it appeared in. It really obviously isn't the case that you're either pro-BLM or pro-NF or that there's much of a comparison to be made between them. That is literally the point I was making, so you've done well to take offence.

Apparently you can bear go read my posts after all.

I have very clearly stated on here in the past that I am entirely supportive of the principle of black lives mattering after the appalling murder of George Floyd but not the political movement and the main parts of it's manifesto. 

For that reason, I'm against the symbolism that supports anarchy. I did read the rest of your post and I'm also strongly against situations that compel individuals to take part in shows of symbolism. 

For that reason, yes, all politics should be removed from sport.

I maintain that the FA asking the military to hand over a trophy isn't a political gesture. Perhaps if the government had insisted they do it that would have been something else altogether. 

Ham   

Changing the subject, am I the only one who is getting ticked off with Messi being treated like a victim/hostage in the media?

He signed a contract with a £700m buyout clause in order to secure £1m a week in wages. 

That same contact won't have said "at the end of the season". It will have had a definitive date. 

He has obviously given a lot for Barcelona but he hasn't done it for free. He's been well paid and well looked after.

Results on the pitch dip and he goes AWOL. I'm sure this will end up with a close friend of his becoming president but regardless of his motives he's looking like a spoilt brat if your ask me. 

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

Changing the subject, am I the only one who is getting ticked off with Messi being treated like a victim/hostage in the media?

He signed a contract with a £700m buyout clause in order to secure £1m a week in wages. 

That same contact won't have said "at the end of the season". It will have had a definitive date. 

He has obviously given a lot for Barcelona but he hasn't done it for free. He's been well paid and well looked after.

Results on the pitch dip and he goes AWOL. I'm sure this will end up with a close friend of his becoming president but regardless of his motives he's looking like a spoilt brat if your ask me. 

I hear you, however the prospect of them falling off the radar without him and City signing him and then expecting to win everything regardless is too delicious. 

Sciatika   

3 hours ago, Ham said:

I have very clearly stated on here in the past that I am entirely supportive of the principle of black lives mattering after the appalling murder of George Floyd...

Agree with this. I don't know anyone that believes that the lives of black people don't matter or even they matter less than those of people of other ethnicities. I suspect that the number that doesn't are vanishingly small. The BNP managed only 501 votes (0.001%) in 2019. However, the problem is to show how that belief requires specific policy commitments. Otherwise, the statement is simply signalling something that nearly everyone agrees with.

chara   

Messi...another example of a media feeding frenzy as much as anything else. Sorry..think it was Ham a long while back commenting on my reading(?) of the DM football section..not in anyway a nasty or critical observation I hasten to add.....my reply was the DM was easiest place for me to go to catch a story and follow wherever else it might appear..BUT..as time goes on now I do look a bit more closely at the DM offerings and maybe it is just me looking deeper but most articles are pretty much something anyone here could whip up between cups of coffee at breakfast..appallingly made up in the most part based on an idea rather than a definite news item...Messi is just a bigger figure in the game and being "abroad" it gives license for the hacks to print pretty much anything that crosses their mind.

It is often noted here that Chelsea keep most dealings close to their chest as it were and once things are settled they announce...the media is so often wrong although any follower of the game can get a sense of the overall picture but only the clubs and players (+ agents!) know the real facts..so let it be with Messi!

Now...what about our signing in the week to come.....off to the Transfer Topic..........

I see BBC2 showed a documentary last night celebrating Liverpool's first championship in 30 years.

I've had a quick look on I-player, but presumably the documentary they made celebrating our first championship in 50 years is no longer available.

Anyone know if it's on YouTube?

• Like 1

On 31-8-2020 at 1:07 PM, Backbiter said:

I see BBC2 showed a documentary last night celebrating Liverpool's first championship in 30 years.

I've had a quick look on I-player, but presumably the documentary they made celebrating our first championship in 50 years is no longer available.

Lets be honest any attempts for them to pretend that Liverpool are not their favoured club went away years ago...

paulw66   
On 31/08/2020 at 0:07 PM, Backbiter said:

You were probaby searching for the wrong title

It is there. It is called, "Football ruined forever by dirty Russian oil money" 

• Haha 1