• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Bob Singleton    228

It'll be interesting to see what comes out during the course of the trial. Will more dirt be uncovered regarding City as evidence is presented in his defence?

tariq panja ( tariqpanja) Twitter.jpg

Ham    833

Shock horror.  Messi stays. 

The media and ITKs have been made to look like absolute mugs on this one.  

Not one of them had the sense to check whether his contract said "at the end of the season" or the more traditional specific date.

Having a public pop at the President today pretty much confirms that Bartomeu is done.  A Messi ally will be in place soon enough and Koeman will be offski.  

JaneB    177
42 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not often we have an academy graduate up for an award, and now we have two. 

Indeed :-)

Neither will win of course :-(

Mark Kelly    927
46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Shock horror.  Messi stays. 

The media and ITKs have been made to look like absolute mugs on this one.  

Not one of them had the sense to check whether his contract said "at the end of the season" or the more traditional specific date.

Having a public pop at the President today pretty much confirms that Bartomeu is done.  A Messi ally will be in place soon enough and Koeman will be offski.  

Apparently Koeman is merely a place holder for Xavi who won't come until Bartomeu goes. I can't imagine that'll be too long in coming. 

Ham    833
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Koeman is merely a place holder for Xavi who won't come until Bartomeu goes. I can't imagine that'll be too long in coming. 

He comes out of this badly. On the one hand he's saying "me leaving now would have been best for everyone including the club" but the way he wanted to do it would have meant his beloved club getting nothing. 

It's not like he played for the club for charity. He was very well compensated. 

Mark Kelly    927
10 minutes ago, Ham said:

He comes out of this badly. On the one hand he's saying "me leaving now would have been best for everyone including the club" but the way he wanted to do it would have meant his beloved club getting nothing. 

It's not like he played for the club for charity. He was very well compensated. 

Everyone comes out of it badly, Messi, his, idiot agent who advised him badly, Barcelona for expecting anyone would pay anywhere near £700m for a 33/34 year old player. 

And the clowns in the UK media who have had him sharing a plane to Manchester with Sancho. 

bert19    75
14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Everyone comes out of it badly, Messi, his, idiot agent who advised him badly, Barcelona for expecting anyone would pay anywhere near £700m for a 33/34 year old player. 

And the clowns in the UK media who have had him sharing a plane to Manchester with Sancho. 

I think Barca have come out of it the worst though. They need cash, had the opportunity to get 100-150m for a 33 year old, didn’t take it and played an ego game. 
Now they’re faced with keeping an expensive superstar that clearly wants out for a year, seemingly paying him a Huge loyalty bonus and delaying a fairly urgent rebuild of the team for another season too.

(as well as not being able to spend his transfer fee, get his wages off the bill and having to pay an enormous “loyalty” bonus to a guy that leaves a month later)

I know he’s got huge stature there, but if the club had treated him like Hazard was treated here, facilitated the move for as much as they could realistically get and used the cash to start the building process for the new team they obviously need, I don’t see how that would have been a loss.

They’ve shot themselves in both feet here.

Edited by bert19

Ham    833
2 hours ago, bert19 said:

I think Barca have come out of it the worst though. They need cash, had the opportunity to get 100-150m for a 33 year old, didn’t take it and played an ego game. 
Now they’re faced with keeping an expensive superstar that clearly wants out for a year, seemingly paying him a Huge loyalty bonus and delaying a fairly urgent rebuild of the team for another season too.

(as well as not being able to spend his transfer fee, get his wages off the bill and having to pay an enormous “loyalty” bonus to a guy that leaves a month later)

I know he’s got huge stature there, but if the club had treated him like Hazard was treated here, facilitated the move for as much as they could realistically get and used the cash to start the building process for the new team they obviously need, I don’t see how that would have been a loss.

They’ve shot themselves in both feet here.

I don't know. I still think that once he has all of his people in place, and an assurance on the ambition of the club, he'll stay and retire there. Barcelona are taking a huge risk but there's a chance it'll pay off.