• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It must be awful for Liverpool to lose such a key player to a horror challenge even if it is temporary .

Paul Elliot says "Hi"

Ham   
48 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Standard victim hypocrisy. 

20 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

I didn't see it that way Fillery, I thought Ajax were disappointingly second best unfortunately.

did you only see the second half ? first half Ajax could easily have been two or three one up

Chrisb   

I see the PGMOL are going to discuss the Pickford “decision” at their next meeting. Don’t seem to remember all this fuss when Lo Celso stamped on Dave, VAR reviewed it, decided it didn’t warrant a red card and then 15 minutes later changed their minds and said it did. 

14 hours ago, Chrisb said:

I see the PGMOL are going to discuss the Pickford “decision” at their next meeting. Don’t seem to remember all this fuss when Lo Celso stamped on Dave, VAR reviewed it, decided it didn’t warrant a red card and then 15 minutes later changed their minds and said it did. 

Or when McGuire kicked Bats in the balls. Or when Aguero (twice) stamped on Luiz.

But we have seen Riley go our publicly apologising for giving us a fair penalty against WBA.  

Ham   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Or when McGuire kicked Bats in the balls. Or when Aguero (twice) stamped on Luiz.

But we have seen Riley go our publicly apologising for giving us a fair penalty against WBA.  

The most we got was a "we got it wrong" 20 minutes too late once. That never happened before or since. 

6 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

It's because Riley is a craven idiot, he must surely believe it was us who nearly killed Petr Cech not him. 

He's held it against us ever since. 

chara   
50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's because Riley is a craven idiot, he must surely believe it was us who nearly killed Petr Cech not him. 

He's held it against us ever since. 

Mark...absolutely right...that was far beyond the Pickford "incident".......my other well documented here red zone button was the Barnes assault on Matic...I still see Matic's leg bending...a recurring image of horror..and Matic got the card!

A media frenzy that really they care not about..just breathless headline stuff....being conservative I would say 90% of real fans of the game... will get a card call correct at any given time.....how come the officials fumble so much with so much tech help AND the sideline moniter...?.....a video check if the ref is unsure or unsighted should not take forever....or amj I being too simple minded?

Oh and without reviewing the Pickford incident over and over again my simple take was he was clumsy and got his reaction wrong ..I hate seeing keepers trying to "tackle" in their area....my mantra was always "if you've got time to kick it you've got time to dive on the ball"...the Citeh boy always tries to among others..TC hardly ever bothered and Kepa has lost his nerve imho.

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh and without reviewing the Pickford incident over and over again my simple take was he was clumsy and got his reaction wrong ..I hate seeing keepers trying to "tackle" in their area....my mantra was always "if you've got time to kick it you've got time to dive on the ball"...the Citeh boy always tries to among others..TC hardly ever bothered and Kepa has lost his nerve imho.

Possibly, probably, but that has never been a defence for an outfield player that wipes out an opponent not getting sent off.

chara   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Possibly, probably, but that has never been a defence for an outfield player that wipes out an opponent not getting sent off.

Yeah..I wasn't defending him but the media attempt to classify it as an intentional "assault" as opposed to bad technique with an horrendous result is what sickens me....the PC/Matic incidents were certainly from Barnes a deliberate attack and I find it hard  to classify the Hunt attack as an accident.

I doubt that Pickford feels at ease with the outcome but I have as yet read no media focus on how he is reacting away from the heat of the game..I remember the attempt..as I recall..to smear Gary Cahill's after game reactions after that awful incident..absolutely accidental..a few years back.....bottom line?..the MEDIA make me sick!!!!!