• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I would have had Ash Cole over Gallas, to be honest.

Both really good though yeh?

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No way.  Ash was great, Gallas was a monster

Yeh agreed. Gallas was an all round player. You could play him anywhere in the back 4 and he was incredibly quick and usually given the job of marking someone like Henry because of that.

on the other hand, if we're just considering a LB spot, which one of them would you choose then?

22 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh agreed. Gallas was an all round player. You could play him anywhere in the back 4 and he was incredibly quick and usually given the job of marking someone like Henry because of that.

on the other hand, if we're just considering a LB spot, which one of them would you choose then?

At left back?

100% Ashley Cole. Is it even debatable? A centre half who could play left back or one of the greatest left backs of all time? 

Gallas was monstrous and can see why Jose would put him in his make believe team, even above Cole but if you were picking a left back its not even close in my opinion. 

Ashley Cole is the absolute definition of a modern left back, Gallas was great but he's no Ash. 

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ashley Cole is the absolute definition of a modern left back, Gallas was great but he's no Ash. 

At LB

chara   

Wandering a bit,,sorry.... but LB always been a "funny" position..not haha!....Ray Wilson..a world class LB under appreciated...Eddie Mac...Ash.....I KNOW away from a subject which was drifting a bit anyway but trying to come up with others......

Lot of unsung stars ignored by the media..(see,,,,trying to stay on forum !)...sort of leads me on to the media "rated" stars as opposed to the real deal.....Gerrard walked..(or rather slipped) on water as did Shearer Beckham and Klopp.

Anyone else got candidates?...both ways..ignored by media or adored?

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, chara said:

Wandering a bit,,sorry.... but LB always been a "funny" position..not haha!....Ray Wilson..a world class LB under appreciated...Eddie Mac...Ash.....I KNOW away from a subject which was drifting a bit anyway but trying to come up with others......

Lot of unsung stars ignored by the media..(see,,,,trying to stay on forum !)...sort of leads me on to the media "rated" stars as opposed to the real deal.....Gerrard walked..(or rather slipped) on water as did Shearer Beckham and Klopp.

Anyone else got candidates?...both ways..ignored by media or adored?

JT and VVD.  No need to state which is which.

chara   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

JT and VVD.  No need to state which is which.

Give us a clue Jane..I'm struggling with that one.....

• Haha 1

Sciatika   
11 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Both really good though yeh?

Of course. It's just a matter of taste.

bert19   
14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the fact Gallas played for an Arsenal team that won nothing followed by a Europa league level Spurs team when he left Chelsea (arguably in what should have been his prime years) shows the answer here.  If he'd ever got close to matching the form he had here, he'd have been at a much bigger, better club before long.  

Short-term, Chelsea suffered from the loss of Gallas because we were short at centre-half.  Longer term, Gallas suffered (won nothing after leaving) and Chelsea thrived.  With the World's best left-back in the team.  Chelsea and Ashley Cole thrived off one another.  Gallas's decline began when he left and ironically, he'd have been massively important that season had he stayed.