• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Hearing a premier League football player has been arrested for rape and false imprisonment.....

Mason Greenwood

Do you know that or is that conjecture ? 

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you know that or is that conjecture ? 

I don't "know".......if you are using the truest sense of the word. It is doing the rounds though. 

What is fact is that a Premier League footballer was arrested for those things. The indentity is rumour, but like I say, Greenwood's name is doing the rounds, and explains his absence from England duty, whilst Foden was recalled (in case anyone thinks it was because of what happended in Iceland) 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't "know".......if you are using the truest sense of the word. It is doing the rounds though. 

What is fact is that a Premier League footballer was arrested for those things. The indentity is rumour, but like I say, Greenwood's name is doing the rounds, and explains his absence from England duty, whilst Foden was recalled (in case anyone thinks it was because of what happended in Iceland) 

Gotcha .

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Hearing a premier League football player has been arrested for rape and false imprisonment.....

Mason Greenwood

Similar accusation as CHO during the last lock down

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Similar accusation as CHO during the last lock down

Well not quite.  There was much more speculation than direct accusation.  Though of course it is far easier to make claims about an unknown player than about a specific name.

But certainly we should be right no to jump to conclusions, just as in the CHO case.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Mason Greenwood

Hopefully a false accusation. I know he's a United player, but it's never nice to see a young talent get into trouble. Seems they (United) have been worried about him for a while. 

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Hopefully a false accusation. I know he's a United player, but it's never nice to see a young talent get into trouble. Seems they (United) have been worried about him for a while. 

perhaps, though the only comments like that about him I have heard have emerged suddenly in the last few days.

That often suggests the speakers or the journalists asking the leading questions have heard gossip something is amiss.
People are jumping to conclusion that it is him largely because of what Boothroyd said about some injuries and personal issues being the reason he is not in the U21 side.
Smoke often does occur without fire.  My hope is that no one did anything wrong.

Alternatively the Iceland story might well have lead to some deliberate trap.  (And I get the pov that says the victim should always be believed a first).

Schadenfreude is a lovely thing, but best to concentrate on Salah having Covid.

Edited by Droy was my hero

27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

perhaps, though the only comments like that about him I have heard have emerged suddenly in the last few days.

I wasn't referring to issues such as rape. More that they have been worried by his behaviour for a while - bad attiude at training, not following Covid-protocols and the situation in Iceland. 

But it's a long step to go from that to raping someone. I sincerely hope it is not true. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

How can this possibly be Mason Greenwood?

Times has at a Cheshire Police station so not a London player.
Both Imes and Mail say: we know his name but can't tell for legal reasons.
That strikes me as very odd - I'm unaware of any reason not to reveal an adult's name.  It certainly didn't stop them with CHO.
I suspect that means that the player's club has kept them in touch on the understanding that they keep shtum.  Would they go as far as deliberately misleading with a false "20s" description?  Not sure.

CHO was quickly released too which seemed at the time to suggest that the case of rape must have been particularly weak.
There seems to be Covid behaviour charges involved in this case too.

Edited by Droy was my hero