• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Leo91   
On 4/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, paulw66 said:

could you imagine what would happen if you did that now???? 

Even in the modern game things like Agueros off the ground double stamp on Luiz wasn't sent off.

More on the Abramovich libel case against last year's book.

You may recall that 3 newspapers have already published apologies for quoting from it.
This guy has an obsession about lies about Russia greater than my own (and he has good reason).  So I'll just give the link and say it is long and detailed.

For those still interested:

http://johnhelmer.net/roman-Abramovich-puts-russia-warfighters-to-the-truth-test/

(you won't find any of this in the mainstream press of course)

Edited by Droy was my hero

Sciatika   

I think the judgement of the PCC tells you all that is wrong about modern journalism. A man who has been shown in court to be a liar and has fled to France to escape arrest can be used as a reliable source for defamatory statements without the need to question his motives or credibility provided he makes his lies public as his personal opinion.

• Like 1

chara   

Online in BBC Football there is a very interesting article/report entitled "The impossible dream?"....worth a read and touches on some of the issues mentioned in a flurry of discussion on here a little while ago...the ugly underbelly of the game in many ways.

Jasonb   

We are in a cold war with Russia so truth goes out of the window.

RA would be wise to sell up in my opinion sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, Jasonb said:

We are in a cold war with Russia so truth goes out of the window.

RA would be wise to sell up in my opinion sooner rather than later.

But we really aren't.  China, probably yes, but any conflict with Russia is invented fiction.

Holymoly   

So, ****'s hit the fan about the plans for the newest incarnation of an European Super League.

Seriously, have the clubs lost their effing minds?

Maybe the pandemic has made them realise they don't need supporters in the stadiums after all.

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

So, ****'s hit the fan about the plans for the newest incarnation of an European Super League.

Seriously, have the clubs lost their effing minds?

Maybe the pandemic has made them realise they don't need supporters in the stadiums after all.

There is now a dedicated thread on the main forum. Please post any thoughts there. Cheers.

bert19   

Was there any mention in the press of Mike Dean making up the rules on Saturday in order to allow Fernandinho free reign to run about booting people? Pathetic refereeing.

How does Gary Neville still have job on Sky after his pathetic take on clubs and their history?