• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

asvaberg   

I don't think the start is that bad. 4 mediocre teams in the first 5 matches. Palace is the only real challenge :) :) 

JaneB   

Now has its own thread so please post there from now on.  Thanks.

I read an article the other day about the perpetual horror that is Anthony Taylor , apparently his mentor at the PGMOL who knocked him into refereeing shape was none other than professional homer , the weakest most insipid , author of the Terry and Ferdinand debacle , Chris Foy . 

Now it all makes sense.

Holymoly   

Billy Gilmour ruled out of the Euros having tested positive for Covid. Such a shame for the Ardrossan Ardilles but surely he will have impressed TT enough to keep him around next season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-neuer-facing-uefa-probe-24360103

Manuel Neuer facing UEFA probe for supporting Pride Month with rainbow armband
The Germany goalkeeper has worn the armband for both of his country's first two games at the Euros and UEFA decided to investigate

What I find so disturbing about the knee is how players are being told what the official public opinion is and what political ideas are not accepted.

Kaepernick quite rightly felt he should opt out of a tribute to the US national anthem for (IMO) perfectly valid political reasons.
Neuer is being told his armband is not officially recognised (for this competition).

Yet PL and England footballers are being made to make an open protest against the US anthem even when it is not being played.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Billy Gilmour ruled out of the Euros having tested positive for Covid. Such a shame for the Ardrossan Ardilles but surely he will have impressed TT enough to keep him around next season.

On the strength of one game, against a poor England side? I'm not so sure, and still think a loan would be best for his (and Chelsea) long term development. 

Who is he going to usurp in the Chelsea midfield? Jorginho has been running the games for Italy, who have now won 10 games on the spin without conceding. And Kante, is Kante. 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

On the strength of one game, against a poor England side?

It was hardly like his game against Liverpool who are a lot stronger (or were then).
Jorginho is having one hell of a 6 months.  So is Kante.  As indeed many would have expected.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was hardly like his game against Liverpool who are a lot stronger (or were then).
Jorginho is having one hell of a 6 months.  So is Kante.  As indeed many would have expected.

I know he divides opinion, but his performances at the Euros have been flawless. 

Play him alongside the right style of midfielder and he is a great asset. 

Holymoly   
19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

On the strength of one game, against a poor England side? I'm not so sure, and still think a loan would be best for his (and Chelsea) long term development. 

Who is he going to usurp in the Chelsea midfield? Jorginho has been running the games for Italy, who have now won 10 games on the spin without conceding. And Kante, is Kante. 

I constantly hear excuses from you and Droy for Gilmour's good performances. Last season the kid did really well coming off the bench everytime he was asked. He is one of those individuals who will gain far more by staying at Cobham than being farmed out to Derby County for a season. Regarding your point about the midfield options there is an argument that Kante doesn't even get into TT's preferred XI in a league game as he has always seemed to prefer Jorginho/Kovacic. Personally I would prefer a 20 year old Gilmour over a 30 year old Jorginho who will go missing all too fequently during the season, however realistically even as it stands Billy is only an injury away from regular first team action. Hopefully his positive Covid status doesn't progress into a full blown infection the way it affected Havertz.

• Thanks 1

Holymoly   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I know he divides opinion, but his performances at the Euros have been flawless. 

Play him alongside the right style of midfielder and he is a great asset. 

I think international football is right up his street though. It's slower and he is allowed much more time on the ball than he is in the Premier League. Fair dos to the guy in this competition but he's 30 this year and he ain't going to improve beyond what you see today.