• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

30 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I constantly hear excuses from you and Droy for Gilmour's good performances. Last season the kid did really well coming off the bench everytime he was asked.

Well that is where we disagree then.  He was frequently very ordinary.  That is acceptable in a 19 year old where you measure the highs, not the lows.  But not in a player that starts 20 games for Chelsea.  

32 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

He is one of those individuals who will gain far more by staying at Cobham than being farmed out to Derby County for a season.

One of which individuals.  Name one other.  
The only sensible way to look at this is to look at the successes (because players can fail both ways).  Name me a player that has succeeded through staying at Cobham.

32 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Regarding your point about the midfield options there is an argument that Kante doesn't even get into TT's preferred XI in a league game as he has always seemed to prefer Jorginho/Kovacic.

No.  Kante was rested a lot because he has been carrying injuries and is seen as essential for the big games.  Occasionally one could argue Kovacic got picked over Jorginho, but mostly it was Jorginho + Kante, with Kovacic backup for both, and Mount as 4th choice CM except for cup games and the like where Billy might be brought in to provide more rest for players.

paulw66   
43 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I constantly hear excuses from you and Droy for Gilmour's good performances. Last season the kid did really well coming off the bench everytime he was asked. He is one of those individuals who will gain far more by staying at Cobham than being farmed out to Derby County for a season. Regarding your point about the midfield options there is an argument that Kante doesn't even get into TT's preferred XI in a league game as he has always seemed to prefer Jorginho/Kovacic. Personally I would prefer a 20 year old Gilmour over a 30 year old Jorginho who will go missing all too fequently during the season, however realistically even as it stands Billy is only an injury away from regular first team action. Hopefully his positive Covid status doesn't progress into a full blown infection the way it affected Havertz.

Not picking an argument, but it worked for James, Mount, Christensen, Tomori, Abraham..... RLC and CHO should have gone on loan rather than sit on the bench watching. 

Playing 50 competitive games in the Championship would be a steep learning curve for him. What we don't know at this juncture is how many minutes he will get for us next season, if he stays.

Your personal preference to select Gilmour over Jorginho is fine, that's your choice / opinion, but we can be fairly certain it won't be Tuchel's. 

Ruudboy   
On 21/06/2021 at 0:04 PM, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-neuer-facing-uefa-probe-24360103

What I find so disturbing about the knee is how players are being told what the official public opinion is and what political ideas are not accepted.

Kaepernick quite rightly felt he should opt out of a tribute to the US national anthem for (IMO) perfectly valid political reasons.
Neuer is being told his armband is not officially recognised (for this competition).

Yet PL and England footballers are being made to make an open protest against the US anthem even when it is not being played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57566224

So race is not political, and gender is? I just don't get it. Must be getting old ... 

Putney or Brentford beckons for young Billy next season. 

Sciatika   

Pitney or Brentford? Be still my beating heart.

chara   
4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Pitney or Brentford? Be still my beating heart.

"A Town Without Pity" indeed..and only 24 hours away.

45 minutes ago, chara said:

"A Town Without Pity" indeed..and only 24 hours away.

Has something gotten hold of your heart

Holymoly   

Mount and Chilwel getting a bit of flak in the media over being around Gilmour for half an hour thereby getting flagged through track and trace. Surely they should have felt confident that he would not be a carrier after having been in a bubble for a few weeks? Where did Billy get it from, and why haven't any of his team mates on the bus or in the changing room got flagged too? These are the questions I am more interested in being answered. Hopefully none of them end up with long covid symptoms.

chara   
1 hour ago, Ruudboy said:

Last chance to turn around, Chara ...

Ah...I see a "Welcoming light"