• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Russ   

So Dan Levene pipes up at the end of this podcast ( https://t.co/seyUPcAtiN ) that he's been " lead to beleive the decsison to sack JM has been made and will happen after the Stoke game regardless " Neatly falls into line with the 2 week break giving the club time to do what they need to do.

Also of note is the unanimous opinion of those taking part in the podcast that JM would end up at UTD if that was the case due to the lack of a clause stopping him from managing in the Prem this time round.

Cue apparent Utd fan dissent stories and ex UTD player quotes about LVG not quite cutting the mustard.

Utd briefing against LVG to make way for JM?

Surely not....

Edited to add: IF what South West London's esteemed CFC Jurno ( I'm not a fan of his views or writing ) is to be believed tonight will be the last time we see JM on the sidelines for Chelsea.

Edited by Russ

It's almost like LVG , Mourinho's mate , is making United overly defensive to make JM look great when he gets the job.

So Dan Levene pipes up at the end of this podcast ( https://t.co/seyUPcAtiN ) that he's been " lead to beleive the decsison to sack JM has been made and will happen after the Stoke game regardless " Neatly falls into line with the 2 week break giving the club time to do what they need to do.

Also of note is the unanimous opinion of those taking part in the podcast that JM would end up at UTD if that was the case due to the lack of a clause stopping him from managing in the Prem this time round.

Cue apparent Utd fan dissent stories and ex UTD player quotes about LVG not quite cutting the mustard.

Utd briefing against LVG to make way for JM?

Surely not....

Edited to add: IF what South West London's esteemed CFC Jurno ( I'm not a fan of his views or writing ) is to be believed tonight will be the last time we see JM on the sidelines for Chelsea.

Surprised no one has commented on this Daily Mail article that first appeared around midnight last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3302562/Chelsea-reject-shock-35m-bid-Monaco-pressure-manager-Jose-Mourinho-owner-Roman-Abramovich-demanding-double-fee.html

So Abramovich recently reject Monaco's offer to buy out Mourinho's contract (around £35m).

It's certainly a novel way of reinforcing the "vote of confidence". Ask your friend, who also happens to be a football club owning Russian oligarch, to get one of his board members to discuss the possibility of buying out José's contract, and have the resulting rejection leaked to the papers.

Really not sure what to make of this. Monaco have been trying to cut their costs for a few seasons now (selling James Rodriguez, loaning out Falcao) since Rybolovlev 'fell out of love' with the club he owns not long after spending around £150m on players, so offering to spend £35m to release a manager from his contract seems very odd indeed.

So is it just the usual made up tripe from the Daily Mail (but given it goes against all the "Mourinho facing the sack" stories, that doesn't sit right) or some convoluted but questionable bit of PR from our end?

Surprised no one has commented on this Daily Mail article that first appeared around midnight last night.

Whereas I was surprised anyone at all would comment on it.

As far as I recall no one commented on it 10 days ago when it came out in the Express.

It is a joke.

As far as I recall no one commented on it 10 days ago when it came out in the Express.

It is a joke.

Monaco have officially denied it.

It is a joke.

I don't read either. I only knew about it because it's one of the stories listed in the "Gossip" page on the BBC web site.

It's too easy to dismiss it as a "joke" though (although you are very dismissive of anything not written by you!)

Maybe it's my journalistic background that's making me ask the "who?" and "why?" bits of the "Five Ws" principle. I'm just trying to work out if this "story" was indeed planted by the club to reinforce the "we have faith in the manager" message given after the loss to Southampton.

Maybe it's my journalistic background that's making me ask the "who?" and "why?" bits of the "Five Ws" principle.

We know why they print this stuff. Because there are naive idiots who believe it. That is why.

You know the ones that don't ask who, why, where, but just accept what they read because questioning it requires taking a social position that is unpopular.

Edit - or maybe it is your journalistic background that says if it suits the story why question the source.

Edited by Droy was my hero

We know why they print this stuff. Because there are naive idiots who believe it. That is why.

You know the ones that don't ask who, why, where, but just accept what they read because questioning it requires taking a social position that is unpopular.

Edit - or maybe it is your journalistic background that says if it suits the story why question the source.

No, the naive idiots are those who dismiss it without thought.

Given how many stories there are floating around saying Mourinho is about to be sacked, are you not at least a little bit interested in knowing why papers revelling in his supposed demise have suddenly printed this odd story about another club offering us £35m for him? More importantly, where the story came from. Because if it is indeed something planted on Chelsea's behalf to show that the club intend sticking by Mourinho, the very least it will do is cheer up the cult members!

No, the naive idiots are those who dismiss it without thought.

Given how many stories there are floating around saying Mourinho is about to be sacked, are you not at least a little bit interested in knowing why papers revelling in his supposed demise have suddenly printed this odd story about another club offering us £35m for him? More importantly, where the story came from. Because if it is indeed something planted on Chelsea's behalf to show that the club intend sticking by Mourinho, the very least it will do is cheer up the cult members!

You really are a journalist - there is a lie in another paper and you have to copy it and to hell with finding evidence.

Do you remember all that stuff about Alex and Anelka being in conflict with the club that the press went on and on about. Did they have a reliable source for that?

It went on for weeks. some here still believe it. Every paper agreed on the story - or rather all of them found it too much fun not to find a way of confirming it.

Don't ask me about their journalistic principles.

A few weeks later Anelka had signed a £200k a week contract to play in China, CA had become manager at PSG and Alex had joined him. Far from being treated abominably by the club, they were simply awaiting deals to be signed that they couldn't pre-announce, and the club was being helpful.

The papers just don't have an Fxxing clue what really goes on at the club - and wouldn't care much anyway.