• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   

He makes me physically ill every time I hear him, thick, fat, ugly and scouse. Add to that his pathetic co host on talkshite Georgie Bingham, middle class home counties girl who has probably never been to a game of football in he life and I just have to turn off

No arguments about your description of Micky Quinn. Don't listen to TalkShite any more so didn't know Georgie Bingham even co-hosted with him. Last time I looked, when I had Sky Sports News, she was on there and we all know those female presenters are only chosen for one reason and it's not their 'sports journalism'.

However, what's wrong with being a middle class home counties female? (Yes I am). I go to loads of matches. Surely you're not implying that just because I'm not a working class male I don't know anything about football and can't be as passionate a Chelsea supporter as you? Only saying.

Baloo   

No arguments about your description of Micky Quinn. Don't listen to TalkShite any more so didn't know Georgie Bingham even co-hosted with him. Last time I looked, when I had Sky Sports News, she was on there and we all know those female presenters are only chosen for one reason and it's not their 'sports journalism'.

However, what's wrong with being a middle class home counties female? (Yes I am). I go to loads of matches. Surely you're not implying that just because I'm not a working class male I don't know anything about football and can't be as passionate a Chelsea supporter as you? Only saying.

What I am saying is she is a middle class home counties female who doesn't have any passion for football and that's the difference. It's clear that she is a careerist broadcaster who doesn't understand the game or have any affinity with real supporters.

I don;t want to start a class war but I stick by my view that she is ignorant as far as football is concerned and it shows in her crass banal comments about the game. Her background and proffessional ambition confirm it as far as I'm concerned.She's latched on to the modern game and all the lucrative spoils that go with it. I doubt if she was 20 years younger she would have gone in to football and sport for her career as it was a different game in the 70s and 80s. If someone offerred her the Strictly come dancing gig she would bite their hand off.

Ham   

I think you're getting Georgie Thompson and Georgie Bingham mixed up.

Don't recall the latter on SSN.

Baloo   

Yep, some might say shes got the face for radio.

Baloo   

What I am saying is she is a middle class home counties female who doesn't have any passion for football and that's the difference. It's clear that she is a careerist broadcaster who doesn't understand the game or have any affinity with real supporters.

I don;t want to start a class war but I stick by my view that she is ignorant as far as football is concerned and it shows in her crass banal comments about the game. Her background and proffessional ambition confirm it as far as I'm concerned.She's latched on to the modern game and all the lucrative spoils that go with it. I doubt if she was 20 years younger she would have gone in to football and sport for her career as it was a different game in the 70s and 80s. If someone offerred her the Strictly come dancing gig she would bite their hand off.

Ofcourse I meant 20 years older!

JaneB   

As I said I haven't heard her on TalkSh** but point taken :)

JaneB   

No I'm not Ham. She was on Sky Sports News between 2004 and 2007, I've just looked it up. Mind you, I didn't realise it was quite so long ago and she looks completely different now, didn't recognise her!

Ham   

No I'm not Ham. She was on Sky Sports News between 2004 and 2007, I've just looked it up. Mind you, I didn't realise it was quite so long ago and she looks completely different now, didn't recognise her!

Ah. If I'm wrong I apologise. I know she was on Sky News and whilst wiki states she worked for Sky Sports News I can't find a single image of her ever actually presenting on it.

JaneB   

Ah. If I'm wrong I apologise. I know she was on Sky News and whilst wiki states she worked for Sky Sports News I can't find a single image of her ever actually presenting on it.

Blimey, I'm losing the will to live here! She was on Sky News but she was also most definitely on Sky Sports News which is where I saw her first even if you can't find any images. It says so on her LinkedIn profile amongst other places, not just wiki.

He makes me physically ill every time I hear him, thick, fat, ugly and scouse. Add to that his pathetic co host on talkshite Georgie Bingham, middle class home counties girl who has probably never been to a game of football in he life and I just have to turn off

Mickey who? Plenty of Quinn's in the phone directory you know. Why do media outlets employ football nonentities like Quinn, Savage and Jenas as pundits for? They've never done **** all in football.