• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

:happy:

The Match of The Day running order for Saturday night has been announced.

Man City v Liverpool

Newcastle v Leicester

West Brom v Arsenal

Watford v Manchester United

Everton v Aston Villa

Swansea v Bournemouth

Chelsea v Norwich

Southampton v Stoke

And its dumb timing. Football fans like a drink so no point having it on when the pubs are open and the same fans can't be bothered to get up so early for the repeat. Planned (and staffed) by non drinking, non football supporting suits

The timing of both the show and the subsequent Sunday morning repeat are not down to the BBC but the Premier League. The licence to broadcast the highlights (also known as the "rights agreement") dictates the earliest MotD can start (10.00pm) and how big a window (12 hours I believe) in which a repeat can be shown. The agreement is also the reason why MotD isn't available on iPlayer until later in the week and for a very limited time, compared to most other iPlayer content.

I expect to see headlines about this tomorrow (not):

f232c1de-55c6-4d73-8030-ff213d2069d7.jpg

Ooooh and guess what I saw very very briefly on MOTD? A whole load of Man U players surrounding the ref over the penalty decision!! Looked far far worse the Matic sending off incident at West Ham so would anyone like to start the bidding at how much the fine will be for United on Monday morning?

I think that's the point actually not that we should always get favourable press, Our players (costa especially) aren't angels, but the same as everyone else would be nice. Of course there's a lot of money that comes in the FA's direction from the media so I would be massively surprised if they have no effect at all with their focus/lack of focus on certain incidents certainly when it comes to the decision making. It certainly appears that way, big fuss = FA feeling they need to deal with something. Its this inconsistency that is at the heart of our persecution complex, for a second imagine Costa had slapped a players face (especially in a big game V one of the red teams).

I didn't buy a Sunday newspaper, but I've read a couple of dailys this morning.

A couple of points;

There's not much in the way of column inches devoted to the game.

We're a long way inside of the back page.

Regarding the second issue, long may it last.

If we loose, we are back page/ crisis fodder.

If we win, we are temporarily not picked on.

Keep it going boys

I took it as a compliment that we were so far down the pecking order. A draw or a loss and we would have had top billing. It's a good thing.

For a few days at least until the build up to Tottenham when some negative articles will start to surface again to spread doubt, we know the patern by now.

For a few days at least until the build up to Tottenham when some negative articles will start to surface again to spread doubt, we know the patern by now.

I wonder if anyone will put anything about Vertonghen beIng a dirty cheating git?

Of course not Tottenham haven't won anything recently ie no threat to their beloved red teams