• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Sciatika   

...And by the way, we have drawn Leyton Orient/Scunthorpe United at home in the FA Cup.

We'll probably lose. Isn't it nice to be able to go back to moaning in the pub and not feel slightly guilty about it. Feels like the old days.

Craig Bellamy. Dear Lord!

I read following wonderful quote from someone in the Mail about the Bellamys appointment... "he will be so impartial that even Jose can't moan about Craig Bellamy joining Sky"

There you have it my friends, the quote of 2015 (fanfare please)

Edited by NoblyBobly

The role call off BBC pundits now includes an ex pro famous for leaving a floater in a refs changing room, and a thug with a golf club.

Plus numerous hubcap hustlers of a red persuasion....

Edited by Skinny Legs

The role call off BBC pundits now includes an ex pro famous for leaving a floater in a refs changing room, and a thug with a golf club.

Plus numerous hubcap hustlers of a red persuasion....

and nonentities like Jermaine Jenas

and nonentities like Jermaine Jenas

I like Jermaine Jenas. Nice quiet, no ego, nothing like you'd expect an ex-footballer to be.

Mind you, nothing like you'd expect a TV personality to be either.

Sea foot   

I don't mind Jenas TBF. To be honest he is so bland that you don't quite notice him some of the time. "Did I hear something?...did I see something just then?"

Edited by Sea foot

Ham   

Fabregas has posted on his Instagram that "the secret footballer" has publicly apologised over the allegation that he led a player revolt.

Why on earth would anyone have thought it was him in the first place? He started every week whilst playing Shite.

Evidence of very lazy journalism.

cam4blue   
TBF Kitson's remit is two things, give an ex-player's insight into things, and to pass on the tittle-tattle that footballers are passing between each other. He's basically a Twitter "ITK" who is relatively ITK (although clearly, not always right).

I'd take his stuff for what it is; relatively un-filtered 2nd hand gossip.

If you want a real "English football journalism in a nutshell" story. This one does it for me.

When talking about Fabregas' loss of form, Jose's response was that everyone in the team was playing worse than last season.

“If you go player-by-player, last season – Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, John Terry – you could say were fantastic...This season it is more difficult to say this player is being magnificent".

He explicitly states that he is going through every player, starts at the RB, the CB, the other CB, then stops, because the point is made. He doesn't need to actually name every player at the club one by one. Or does he, because...

That has been turned into "Jose Mourinho reveals the FOUR Chelsea players who have underperformed this season".

You would either have to be seriously stupid to take that from what he said, or you are intentionally misunderstanding what is being said to create a click-bait headline.

And wilfully misconstruing a quote to paint a false picture and elicit a reaction, that is English football journalism in a nutshell.